Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Profile Refrigerator PSF26NGPABB

Patricio

Would like a diagnostic manual for this refrigerator.  Temperature is rising in freezer to 22 degrees & refrigerator is 40.  Sides of cabinet is almost hot.  So I look at condenser & fan.   Condensor completely blocked with fuss & lint, fan lazily spinning.  Did not look at frost pattern cause of heat on cabinet.   Also the crisper fan is not running, but evap fan & refrigerator fan are,  tech sheet with refrigerator is a joke.

Cleaned condenser, turned refrigerator back on, condenser fan is spinning lazy.   My call is put new fan in.   Don't know what to check for voltage, DC, I would think.  Don't know which pins to check.  Tech sheet just gives me a little info.

Of course I'm interested,  But this model in question is a PSF not listed in this bundle of manuals.  Or should I use the PSH manual?

Now I just read a post on todays new content a GE PFS** that talks about the motherboard crapping out & a GE service letter that listed the this PSF26 in the list of bad boards.    You recon that could be my problem?   Mother board not supplying correct voltage to comp. fan?

Edited by Patricio

• Team Samurai

Awwite, budrow, closest thang I can find fer ya is the minimanual:  http://appliantology.org/files/file/857-ge-psf26ngpa-pss26ngpa-pst26ngpa-pst26sgpa-psw26sgpa-refrigerator-minimanual/

Please start a new topic in the Kitchen forum for technical discussions and troubleshooting. 

Samurai Appliance Repair Man, on 21 May 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Awwite, budrow, closest thang I can find fer ya is the minimanual: http://appliantology.org/files/file/857-ge-psf26ngpa-pss26ngpa-pst26ngpa-pst26sgpa-psw26sgpa-refrigerator-minimanual/

Please start a new topic in the Kitchen forum for technical discussions and troubleshooting.

This proves that you have forgotten more about appliances than I will ever hope to know....This fridge is just like "the Bastard." You sent me a full manual, and that manual suggested I buy the diagnostic aid. It's the fridge with the silly LCD touch screen and limited diagnostics....I'll upload it..

see if this works....http://appliantology.org/files/file/858-ge-psf-pss-psc-psw-lcd-manual/

btw reason I called the fridge similar to this and that continues to haunt me "the bastard" is because it's a tweener model....dual evaps, but no inverter, about 2 fans in the freezer and three in the fridge, LCD touch screen that has sucky diagnostics ...for instance "all fan mode" doesn't turn on all fans...like the ff evap fan..I know, it had me chasing my tail for weeks.

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

I think it's another testament to my advancing age and my youthful indiscretions with abusing various recreational substances.  Glad you had my six on this one, Brother Durham!  

... PFS** that talks about the motherboard crapping out & a GE service letter that listed the this PSF26 in the list of bad boards.   

yes, model number listed in service letter, depending on first (2) characters of Fridge serial number,

but only mentions Evaporator Fan and Dispenser Board problems..

Look for burned resistors on MB

http://appliantology.org/files/file/630-ge-refrigerator-mother-board-recall-installation-info/

• Like 1

Yeah, the board on the bastard didn't survive a transformer that blew down the street.  Put another board in it...and it's still acting like a bastard. lol

I think it's another testament to my advancing age and my youthful indiscretions with abusing various recreational substances. Glad you had my six on this one, Brother Durham!

Dude, are you kidding me? I was working on that ^@&@# machine for hours, couldn't find any info. I started to panic like a little damsel tied to a railroad track hearing a loud whistle.   And then you did the lone ranger thing that you do and sent me this manual.

Later that night,the customers asked me..."who was that head-banded man?" As I stared off in the distance I replied "That my friend, was The Samurai." And then they joined me in staring off in the distance, all of us had awe in our eyes...while staring off in the distance. The End.. Join us next time when our head-banded hero....

yeah I know.....gonna cause a topic split again  lol

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

LMAO!  Durham, you are over the top, dude!