Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

elkheimer

GE Profile PFS22SISDSS Stopped Cooling

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 PFS22SISDSS that just stopped cooling last week.  No warning - both refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling and warmed up.  I emptied, unplugged and the next day plugged it back in and after a few minutes the compressor kicked on and it has been working fine since. 

Reading around online, it seems like I might have had a defrost issue?  I checked pin 9 on the blue master control board connector to J7 pin 9 and I got ~ 35 ohms, so i think the heater's ok?

Any other ideas what I could check?  I don't want to lose another load of food!

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks for your help!  The condenser fan is running fine, and the temp is now being controlled at 37 in refrigerator and 0 in freezer.  So, can I assume that those thermistors are functioning ok?  That would leave the evaporator thermistor then, right?  I'm guessing there's no good way to test that other than ripping the back of the freezer out to get a look at the evaporator and thermistor?

If so, can you point me to a manual that would explain how to pull out the icemaker to get access to the back panel?

I have a 2007 PFS22SISDSS that just stopped cooling last week.  No warning - both refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling and warmed up.  I emptied, unplugged and the next day plugged it back in and after a few minutes the compressor kicked on and it has been working fine since. 

If this is the situation where the the box was warming up because the compressor stopped running until you cycled power to the unit, then I've danced with this one before.  It will happen again at random intervals and it will drive you insane.  

The problem is the muthaboard failing to restart the compressor after defrost.  I don't have enough info to tell you the exact nature of the defect, I just know that replacing the muthaboard fixed the problem.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=PFS22SISDSS

Main-Control-Board-WR55X10942-01091474.j