Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

frigidare sxs will not defrost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigbenc2

bigbenc2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:jesus saved me from that

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

i have a frigidare sxs mod # frs6lr5eb3  .. it got frosted up and i checked the usual. heater , defrost stat.. ect. all was good so i defrosterd it and replaced the adaptive defrost control and wire harnes that came with it..it lasted about a week and was frosted up again..i  thought maybe i got a bad part so i replaced it again and defrosted coil and it frosred back up in a week or so.. now... i can hit the light switch 5 timed fast and it will enter the defrost and every thing works..it will not do it on its on ..has anyone else had this problem? ..thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

I've not had this problem because I always use new, OEM replacement parts.  I can't remember the last board I got bad out of the box although it does happen.  

Did you use an OEM replacement part for the ADC board and harness?  http://www.repaircli...mber=FRS6LR5EB3

Defrost-Control-Board-5303918476-0117628

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Agreed.  Also check evap fan motor.  Even though fan motor is 120 volts power to fan is routed through defrost control.  Might cause issues with replacement control.

#4 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

If I remember right, the wiring harness is changed when upgrading from ADC I, ADC II or ADC III. Wih that in mind, check and double check to make sure you connected the correct wires to their desired location. Eliminate the human factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics