Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
appmed1

kenmore 795.77553600

4 posts in this topic

When I arrived at the customers' home the fan and the compressor were not running. I tried to access the diagnostics, but could not. I unplugged it and the fan and compressor came on, but the display read -88f 88f. According to the manual this means there is a problem. When I reset the board, actual temperatures were displayed, but the fan and compressor were not running. Bad control board?

Thanks. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There's a 7 minute delay for the compressor to start after resetting main board.  Should be able to access test mode by pressing FRZ and LOCK buttons at display or pressing test switch on main board.  Control will be disabled and a bell should sound.  Errors codes should be displayed at that point.  During initial check while compressor was running, was unit cooling and evap fan motor running?

The freezer got down to 20 Degrees and the fan was blowing. Thanks for the info. 

Check frost pattern on evaporator when possible.  Might have a sealed system issue, refrigerant leak or partial restriction.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0