Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dkriesel

Whirlpool LSQ9500LQ0 washer - spin/agitation/leaky trans

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have a Whirlpool washer that ceased to spin or agitate, and it's also making a gnarly noise.

I have established that the motor coupling is busted and plan to replace it. While I was checking the motor coupling I noticed the transmission is leaking, there was a decent size puddle of fluid on the floor.

So, I want to replace the transmission as well. My question is should I also purchase a new clutch assembly?

Are there any seals or anything I should also purchase/replace while I have it apart?

Thank you

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thank you!

Replaced trans, clutch, and motor coupling. Now it makes a different noise and only sometimes spins and agitates - kind of like it wants to spin but is stuck - open the lid, close it again and it starts spinning.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

... it wants to spin but is stuck - open the lid, close it again and it starts spinning.

After water gets pumped out, Washer Motor still running,

but Transmission won't "shift into Spin" until Lid is raised and lowered ?

Transmission, by design, needs a pause for a few seconds, to "shift into Spin" after Agitation and Drain

(function of the Timer, or you operating the Lid Switch)

bad Timer

click on picture

Timer-3951702-00857319.jpg

Thank you!

Be sure the air hole on top of the new gearcase is clear.  Should be marked with a dab of white sealant.  You can use a paperclip to clear the hole at the top of the protrusion.  This allows proper operation of the neutral drain.