Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG dishwasher LE error code

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EEtoBE22

EEtoBE22

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:crown

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have an LG dishwasher LDF6810ST that keeps displaying the LE code. I have read many posts on here with similar problems but all seem to have had luck with either the wiring, sump assem., or main board. I have replaced the sump assembly and the main board and have the checked the wiring as well. The dishwasher will kick on for a few minutes before showing the LE error code. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,814 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Howdy, EE.  A couple of questions for you:

- Did you replace the sump assembly with a new one?  Lotsa folks buying used parts these days.  Not sure why, doesn't make good economic sense to me.  

- When the dishwasher kicks on initially, is the water actually being sprayed or is the vario motor just hummmming and then kicking out?  If the latter, the motor is either stuck, something's jamming it, or maybe the sump assembly is mis-wired.  

- One of the wires in the door wire loom may be broken but not visibly so.  You need to ohm out each one.  

You can review your work by singing along with my seminal video on this problem:

#3 EEtoBE22

EEtoBE22

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

First of all thank you for the quick reply.

- I ordered the part via amazon and it was marked as "new" so it better be.

- When the DW first kicks on the water will drain and fill with no humming noise but the sprayer (which I believe is controlled by the motor) will not kick on and this is when the LE code is displayed.

- And what would be the easiest way to ohm out each wire?

thank you.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,814 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Parts from Amazon are notoriously either generic knock-offs or used.  Read about my horror story with Amazon parts:  http://ymlp.com/zsTPYA

Never again!  

- And what would be the easiest way to ohm out each wire?

There is no easy way, just the PITA way:  end to end continuity check on each wire in the loom.   :wacko:

#5 EEtoBE22

EEtoBE22

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Okay, well lets assume the sump is fine as well as the wiring. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

And if you don't mind could you suggest a reputable website where I could order the sump or any other part in the future?

thanks.

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Did you physically check the wiring in the door to make sure it's not broken in the "tar" like mastic sound insulation?

Scott Wolf

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,814 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Okay, well lets assume the sump is fine as well as the wiring. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

No, for this problem, sump assembly and wiring is it.  You could try turning the wash impeller blades by had.  But that's the root cause of the error:  the hall sensor is not detecting movement of the wash impeller.  

And if you don't mind could you suggest a reputable website where I could order the sump or any other part in the future?

I thought you'd never ask!  

Sump assembly with a one year return policy:  http://www.repaircli...1248604/1472730

Pump-and-Motor-Assembly-AJH31248604-0075

ALL parts purchased through either the links or search box at this site (Appliantology.org) come with a one-year, no-hassle return policy, even on electrical and circuit boards that have already been installed!  

#8 EEtoBE22

EEtoBE22

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Scott, yes I have taken off the front panel and bottom plate and checked the wires quite thoroughly all the way to the bottom. No visible signs of damage.

Samurai, thank you for all your help thus far, I read your link about amazon parts and I did not see any logo on the shipping box. Is there any other way to make sure this is in fact an OEM part? Such as looking up a part code on the sump?

Thanks.

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

... keeps displaying the LE code.

... I have replaced the sump assembly and the main board and have the checked the wiring as well.

did the "previous" Sump Assembly behave the same ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 EEtoBE22

EEtoBE22

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

did the "previous" Sump Assembly behave the same ?

With previous sump the DW would not turn on without resetting the breaker. With new sump it will turn on like normal but then after a few minutes display LE code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics