Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher-Paykel GW 10 Washer won't drain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wnickum

wnickum

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dogfish Head

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have a similar vintage GW 10 FP washer, circa 2001.  Worked flawlessly for 10 years, then it stopped draining.  Had a repair man fix it, he replaced the control module, said that the diverter valve was always energized, so the module must be bad.  Replacing the module worked, for about 18 months, but just last week the same thing happened again.  I see that I could buy a new module, but I am disinclined to spend the money on the labor, maybe I could DIY?  Appreciate access to any repair manuals or other references (help with diagnostic codes, etc), all I have is the original user's guide.

Many thanks,

Will

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,053 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi Will, Welcome to Appliantology!  Would that model number be a GWL10US?  

Here's the service summary for this machine:  http://appliantology...ctronic-washer/

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Check the diverter for a broken plastic actuator arm.  Can also check actuator operation using the manual test mode in the service summary provided by Samurai.  Should take 2-3 minutes for transition from recirculation to drain.

#4 wnickum

wnickum

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the tip and the service summary, only now checking back in.  Yes, the GWL 10US.  I have been able to get the washer to pump out after being disconnected, but any further cycling sends it back into the recirculating mode.  I have verified fault code 37 twice now, which I think means pump blockage error.  I will investigate further. 

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Those Fisher Paykel drain and recirculating hoses are just the right size for a dime to get into the hose and act as a check valve.  When the dime is horizontal water will flow.  When vertical, no flow.  Be sure to check.

#6 wnickum

wnickum

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

At long last I got through a few tests and checks on my washer.  Washer will pump out initially after reset of power (unplug and plug in again some time later), but as it moves through cycle the diverter valve gets a signal or something from the control module and is switched over to recirculate position, won't drain again.  I've checked the hoses, pulled out and re installed the basket, taken out the diverter valve, see no issues, actuator arm looks OK.  Pump seems to work fine.  So I think I am down to either replacing the diverter valve, the control module, or both...  I have had the control module replaced before, about 18 months ago, only problem I've ever had on this washer since new in 2001.  At the time the service guy believed it was the signal from the control module that was the problem, not the valve, and I expect he was right.  I've been hoping it isn't the same problem, but it sure seems like it.  Do you have a recommended source for parts, or should I deal directly with F&P?  Thanks,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics