Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ApplianceDoctor

ApplianceDoctor

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have LG refrigerator M# LFC25760ST has freezer on bottom. Doors for fresh food section will not shut on thier own. You have to make sure you push doors closed. Gaskets on both doors are torn on the side and corner at the very top and seem to almost be touching or dragging at the top corner. I am not sure if this is causing all of the problem not allowing the doors not to snap closed. Can anyone help me? I have not worked on many LG refrigerators.

Thanks

ApplianceDoctor

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Aside from the gaskets rubbing at corner, how's the upper mullion catch look?  Does in line up properly with the channel at the top/center of liner?  Since there are no closer cams on the bottom of these doors you may be able to install nylon washer shims on the bottom hinge pins to raise and align both f/f doors.

#3 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

If you remove the door. Some of those have an assembly in the hinge you can pull out and adjust the tension on the closer. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the torn seals. Maybe adjust the leveling feet to help them close by gravity. I don't think they all have the closer assembly to make them close though.

#4 ApplianceDoctor

ApplianceDoctor

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

How can you adjust tension on closure?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

You have to make sure you push doors closed. Gaskets on both doors are torn on the side and corner at the very top and seem to almost be touching or dragging at the top corner. I am not sure if this is causing all of the problem not allowing the doors not to snap closed. 

In accordance with the 8th law of the Prophecy, you have to fix the obvious problems first.  In this case, you can't even fully evaluate the door closing with torn gaskets.  Plus they need to be replaced regardless of whatever else may be going on.  Door gaskets:  http://www.repaircli...sket-Seal-Parts

#6 ApplianceDoctor

ApplianceDoctor

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for your help

#7 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

How can you adjust tension on closure?

I only did it once. The bottom hinge piece actually slid out once I removed the hardware holding it in. Then it had an arrow telling you to turn one to speed up or slow down. It's been awhile so I don't know the details. It may have had an allen screw. They don't all have that door closer built in though. I tried it on a few other doors and they did not have it. Which means you tell the customer the doors closing automatically isn't a feature. Then try to adjust the front legs to tilt the fridge more and gravity might make them close automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics