Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Front Load Washer Model#WFW9200SQA10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Intial complaint was F11 error code. The tech sheet supplied with the washer only provides test parameters for the motor. All (motor) pins showed 6 ohms. MCU was replaced washer then displayed F28 error code. (Water entered for 3 secs before F28 displayed). Installed old MCU, and error code F70 displayed(water entered for 3 secs). Reseated CCU connections/Userface connections and old MCU connections then the Userface Display went out WTF!!!!

has anyone seen a machine come alive :woot:

Diagnostic test wouldn't pass COO door lock, before displaying F28 as well.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Could you help some of us out, Not all of us have a tech sheet in front of us...............Could you give us a hint what F-11, F-28 and F-70 might be?????  I work on all brands.. makes    models..... every thing but microwaves...........Do not have every fault code memorized ............Could you give me a little hint??????   Sounds like a door lock problem.................. P.S.  we do not charge by the word... :whistling: .

#3 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

F11 motor control unit error(Possible repairs are CCUor MCU), F28 Serial communication error(possible repairs CCU,MCU, or Motor), and F70 Central control Unit heartbeat failure(possible repairs CCU).

Thanks for not charging by the hour. I'm headed back this morning with a CCU, and door lock from your earlier statement just in case I don't receive a reply . :rocker:

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,801 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

This post explains the technique for testing the MCU:  http://appliantology...t-sport-washer/

Be sure to disconnect/reconnect the wire harnesses.  

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

F28 can be caused by running with any of the panels off and not having the ground switches closed.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 cityboysrus

cityboysrus

Yamabushi

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

IT'S DONE :rocketwhore:  I RECHECKED THE MOTOR, DISCONNECTED THE QUICK CONNECT ON THE MCU, AND IT STILL WAS FAILING. I REMOVED THE CASING OFF THE CCU AND PUSHED ALL CONNECTIONS IN. U17 AND U1P3 WEREN'T SEATED PROPERLY. SELECTED DRAIN/SPIN CYCLE MOTOR /WASHER FINALLY RAN. RAN NORMAL WASH CYCLE CHECKED OK!!!!!

I AM KING FOR THE DAY :rocker:

MAN BEAT MACHINE!!!!!! :rocker:

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,801 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Great job!   :thumbsup:

And thanks for posting what you found!   :dude:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics