Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Dryer Drum squeaks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Philadelphia

Philadelphia

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ice cold water

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Frigidaire Dryer

Model # FDE336RES1

Hello,

I have an older Frigidaire dryer that started making noises. It squeaks and gets louder after running for about 20 minutes.

Recently my clothes are getting caught and stained in the edge of the drum.

Upon further inspection i noticed that the paint on the inner front of the drum is worn to a polished metal and there is about an inch of "play" when i push the durm "UP" inside the front of the unit, just inside the door.

Any suggestions or help concerning the problem(s) and what i should replace is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Here in Philly

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Main rear bearing is worn and out of grease....... The top felt is worn, it is replaceable....................If I remember correctly , there is a " Maintenance Kit" for these friggys....... Depending on the year...........2002 and up takes P/N  5304457724.........................1999 to  2001 takes P/N 5304461262

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Yep, you be needin' one o' these: http://www.repaircli...mber=FDE336RES1

Maintenance-Kit-5304461262-00751029.jpg

Replaces all the main rolling guts inside the dryer.  

#4 Philadelphia

Philadelphia

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Thanks so much for the replies,

You guys are wonderful, thanks for the info. One last question... Which of the maintenance kits and the links you both provided is applicable for my machine? Which one should i go with? I forgot to include the serial # in my original post and i thought that might help identify the year of my dryer.  I am not sure what year it is. Sorry about that. If you could tell me which kit to go with would be great. Thanks so much for your time and help!!!

Grateful for your help,

Here in Philly

Frigidaire Serial # XD83960484

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

... help identify the year of my dryer.

Serial # XD83960484

http://www.appliance...e/date-code.php

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

The kit I posted is for your dryer. You don't need the serial number to look it up, just the model number. Try it yourself and see: paste your model number into one of the parts search boxes on this page and it will pull up the correct kit. The database is keyed to model number.

Oh, and all parts ordered through either the links or search boxes at this site come with a one year, no-hassle return policy, even on electrical and electronic parts that have been installed.

#7 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

This repair is my most "favorite" to do. Takes a lot of shear force with a good sharp chisel to get that front bearing off.

1.Use a sharpie marker to mark where the two felt piece meet on top.
2. Clean off the front with a chisel
3. Once you get it clean apply a layer of the high temp adhesive on the felt with the plastics then apply to the section on too between the two marks you made earlier.
4. Let sit for 60 seconds to cure
5. Apply the felt to the metal with the plastic overhang facing away from the drum, aka towards the front.
6. Hold down the ends for 60 seconds, this portion is the weakest link and most likely to fail because of sloppy install. (This is why we apply two layers of adhesive, one on the felt and one on the front cover
7. Apply a layer of the high temp adhesive on the rest of the front cover. Let sit for 60 seconds.
8. Look at the long white felt piece and the portion with the beveled corner is facing up and towards the back of the drum. Make sure the beveled side is secured nicely against the metal lip.

Tips: don't get any adhesive on the top of the felt, the portion the drum rests on. If get any on your cloths, it will remain their untill you discard them

This job is my favorite, because I have made all these mistakes and had to fix them...

#8 Philadelphia

Philadelphia

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thanks everyone who commented! I bought the kit and everything worked out with my dryer, running like new. You folks are great and your time is appreciated!

-Here in Philly

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Awesome, Philly!  Great job on the repair!   :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics