Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag mah2400aww

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

As I am unable to post on other threads at this time I would like to say I am a Tech servicing downtown Vancouver . The Patina a 37 story hi rise at 1028 Barclay st. has over 250 mah2400aww. washers .A wonderful Maytag product made by Samsung . Before it was occupied I was called in on six “ LE codes” after it was opened I got anther six “LE codes” in every case I changed out the control board part number 34001379 and fixed the problem. Other then pulling coins and shite out of the drain pump , this is the only only part I have EVER changed out on this modal in over two years to fix this unit . The W/P part retails for $230.92 up here . The same part from Samsung retails for $142.90.
Another clue if you hit the Power button and you don't hear chimes change out the control board.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,401 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Welcome to Appliantology, Kokanee.  Grasshoppers can't reply to topics started by other people.  But we have a special membership explained on the Membership page for Brethren in The Craft, such as yourself: Master Appliantologist.  It's a complimentary upgrade for professional Appliantologists that gives full access to all the features of the site, access to tech-only forums, chat room, reply to other people's topics, and access to file downloads.  This is a free upgrade in the sense that there's no money involved, just information.  To download a service manual, you need to make two posts (any kind of posts count).  The idea is that you're supporting the site with your appliance repair knowledge and wisdom instead of monetarily.  

You have been inducted into the inner circle of Master Appliantologists.  

Kanpai!   :samurai:

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Kokanee Ranger, What is the definition of 'LE' code for that model number????.......Six units with that code and they have never been used????.......then six units that have been in service, code 'LE'........Thanks for the tip on the control board.....ay..

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

LE Water fill error

http://appliantology...her-tech-sheet/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

LE= washer has tryed to fill but has not reached the proper water level.

On one other repair on a mah2400aww I diagnosed a bad motor, replacing the motor, was not a fix , changing the board was the fix.

At the Pinical with over 250 units and 12 bad boards a failure rate of 4.8%. Manufacures aim for 2% or less.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Concur with Brother Kokanee on the pumps for these Maysungs and the Samsung pumps what we used for truck stock.  Did have some where the board did not energize the pump with no fault code indicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics