Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
pull-do

Frigidaire FFU20FC6CW3- upright freezer?

4 posts in this topic

Hope this is the right section to post up,,, really need to cut to the chase on this thing,,,, call it "dead" or fixable,,, what a weekend for it to go out, was packing to leave for the weekend and the light came on, red light,,, duh :woot: ,, had to unpack and go chase ice, went inside the freezer where I keep a thermometer, showing 20+ degrees, running all the time, which it has been for a week, but no light on,,,, anyway the inside looked good, evap fan running, frost on two top coil lines though, watched it through the day, it went through a defrost cycle, so the timer is working,,,, the biggest concern is the compressor housing is HOT to the touch, lines are warm, one is hotter than the rest, high pressure side I guess,,, but like I said the compressor runs continuously and it never gets below 20 degrees about middle shelf,,

I'm thinking the compressor is going/gone,, any thoughts on what else it could be before I kick it to the curb guys?

Thanks,

Paul

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... frost on two top coil lines

Evaporator Coils should be evenly, completely, lightly frosted

OR likely a Freon system leak

(common on some Frigidaires)

may cost a few hundred to repair

(repair / replace leaky Evaporator, evacuate & recharge, etc)

may be time to go shopping

Thanks for the reply, that confirms my decision to go ahead and get one on order,,,, hard to believe there's hardly anybody that actually stocks any.