Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ndzied1

Kitchenaid KUDP02CRBS1 Door Question

8 posts in this topic

I'm trying to see if I can identify if my door spring has broken or it my problem is related to the balancing cable.

I wasn't there when the problem happend but my wife reported a  banging sound.    Now when the door is lowered it does seem to go down faster than before but does not slam down.  The most noticible issue is a binding during the last 10 degrees of door motion when it is opening.

Is there a way to tell which issue I have without opening it up?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

One side of the door spring or cable has broken.  I always go ahead and gut the door support system on both sides and give it a clean, fresh start.

Door hinge cable:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hinge-Cable/8194001/1059756?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBS1

Hinge-Cable-8194001-00999558.jpg

(Comes as a pair, only need to buy one set)

Door spring:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Spring/8270182/906172?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBS1

Door-Spring-8270182-00925580.jpg

(single spring, need to buy two, one for each side)

Makes Sense.  Parts ordered!

Let us know how it turns out ! 

Turned out petty good. The culprit was a broken plastic nib on the right side pulley assembly. It normally keeps the top of the assembly in place but when it's not there, the top pivoted forward and messed up the tension. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Here are pictures I took during the process

Dishwasher Fix

Well done, ndzied1.  Did you notice the engineering change on the guide.  Went from glide to pulley.

Great job!  Domo for posting the pics!   :dude: