Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

PebbleInHand

Bosch Dishwasher Water Fill Issue

43 posts in this topic

I'm not sure you are getting enough water, after it fills how much water is in there? Water needs to completely cover the whole bottom pan, not just the sump. If your not getting enough water it could be valve, fill assembly or water supply problem.

1 person likes this

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How do I know if it has enough water?  I filled up the sump. 

Ok.  So I manually filled the base so the bottom cover was filled. I put a glass on the top rack and bottom and ran for 5 minutes in wash mode.  Both glasses were full after 5 minutes.  Seemed to be functioning well.  

Thoughts?

Replace water inlet valve.  Water heater (for house) replaced recently?

1 person likes this

After manually filling it the machine went through a full cycle and everything looked good.  At the end of the cycle there was about an inch of water in the sump.  When I tried another cycle I'm back to the original problem.  I don't think its a water supply problem since it worked fine once I manually filled it.  So I guess its either the valve or fill assembly?  

Water heater wasn't recently replaced.  But water has been shut off to the building and turned back on a few times which could have kicked some debris loose.   

Can someone point me to the proper water inlet valve replacement part?

That video doesn't explain how to replace the valve, just how to test if it is bad.  Is there one that shows how to replace it?   

Did you replace the impeller and seal kit o this dishwasher?  (nod your head "yes")  

Okay, I have great news for you!  Replacing the water inlet valve is waaaay easier!  "Why?" you ax?  Cuz you don't have to pull the dishwasher out like you did for the impeller and seal kit!  Kin ah hear a "A-frikkin-men sweet baby b'geezus"?  Awwite, den!  

1. Turn off water supply to the dishwasher

2.  remove toe panels from dishwasher

3.  locate water inlet valve-- will look like what's shown in preceding part link,

4.  remove valve from base

5.  remove hoses and electrical from valve

6.  install new valve

7.  pop a cold one

Go git 'em!  

1 person likes this

A-frikkin-men sweet baby b'geezus!!

Is there any chance you have a flood safe hose on your water inlet? I only ask because I've seen it once.

I suppose.  What would that look like?  This is the only dishwasher I've ever tried to repair. 

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/homegarden/164400816.html

Here's a link that tells more about the down falls falls of flood safe hoses... Usually we come acrossed them on washers, but they are made for and sometimes used on dishwashers.

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t617/micabay/41C73EF6-F82A-4F33-9082-5C59BF32AE10-271-000000C3F30268E8_zps73928d77.jpg

Not Floodsafe. 

This is a time fill machine.

How long is the water valve open from the beginning of the fill cycle?

How would I determine that?

I would start the machine and have my watch handy. When the water valve opens,start timing.

When it closes and water fill is complete,stop timing.

Replaced fill value and everything appears to be working. 

Probably should have done that before replacing the impeller seeing as it was a lot cheaper and took about 1/20th the time. 

Thanks for the help.  

Replaced fill value and everything appears to be working. 

Probably should have done that before replacing the impeller seeing as it was a lot cheaper and took about 1/20th the time.

Definitely should have replaced the fill valve first!  What threw everyone off was your statement that...

How do I know if it has enough water?  I filled up the sump.

Which I think everyone took to mean that you manually added more water to the basin for testing purposes with no change in wash action.  

But glad you got it fixed!