Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher ZAPPED by lightning E:01

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mischnick

mischnick

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller Genuine

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Bosch Ascenta SHE6AP05UC/06

Had a nearby lightning strike a couple nights ago that blew a breaker and killed some other electronics. The dishwasher gives me an E:01 error code immediately upon turning it on. With this fine site and others, I have a good idea it is the power module and that the power module is that control box under the tub. I can even buy the module!

But, what has got me wondering, there is talk of programming Bosch modules to work with the dishwasher it goes in and the only programming info I have found is for what I assume are older models, stopping before SHE6 models.

Can anyone tell me if I will need to program this module before I button things up? Of course I will also want to know HOW to program it if that is the case. Is this "old tech" for Bosch or are they still doing it? Would hate to get one home and find I can't educate it sufficiently to work.

Thanks for any help!

Matt

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,696 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

The control module underneath the dishwasher:  http://www.repaircli.../701523/2001085

Control-Module-701523-01428864.jpg

Does not need to me programmed upon installation.  Just plug n' play.  

#3 mischnick

mischnick

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller Genuine

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Rock on! I got the new brain. It is more like plug and plug and plug and plug and plug and plug and play, but its running now. Gave me a couple of scares. On first power-on, it started running through some tests or ID protocols. I hadn't pushed it back in and hooked up water yet, so it gave me an E08. Don't know that one, and while I was looking for an answer it put up a cryptic H on the display. Powered it down, hooked up water, and turned it back on and yikes! all LEDS light up and stay lit up!. Now I am really scared. Turn off, turn on again and finally, its displaying time for the regular cycle. Seems to be working fine now.

It was cheaper than a service call, but I bet now the insurance won't count it to my deductible! Tough break for me, but my wife is happy :thumbsup:

Thanks VERY much for the quick and accurate answers!

Matt

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,696 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Good job on the repair!  I knowed you could do it!    :dude:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics