Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wolf Range R366 poor ignition and large yellow orange flames

wolf r366 ignition flames

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buddhawarrior

buddhawarrior

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Duchesse de bourgogne

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hi Samurai, 

I have a Wolf Range, 36" 6 burner. And I have 2 problems. 

1. The ignition is irregular. Sometimes it sparks right away and sometimes it take a while, if not a long while. All the ignitors seem to be firing. And it's not always the same burner that has the ignition problem. What could this be? I will take a wire brush to the sparkers if needed, but don't want to jump to any conclusions without some advice. 

2. The 2 right burners seem to have something wrong with the fuel/air mixture. The flame is too big on high, and with orange/yellow tips. The PG&E people with their meters read that the back right burner is outputting CO gas and recommended not using that burner. Is this something I can adjust?

Thank you, 

Thomas

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Not much adjusting can be done with these type surface valves.  Are you getting a flare up when the slow ignitors finally work?  Make sure all burner assys are clean and burner caps are properly placed.  Check orifices for any blockage.  A lot of the symptoms point to a bad regulator.

#3 buddhawarrior

buddhawarrior

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Duchesse de bourgogne

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Can I wash and clean the burner caps like normal? just soap and water and scrub? Or any special instructions? 

They are seated properly, I've even swapped the burner caps and the oversized flame problem still occurs on the 2 right most burners only. 

How do I test the regulator? 

and what should I do about the slow ignition? 

Thanks, 

T

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wolf, r366, ignition, flames

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics