Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung french door model# RF217ACRS missing segments in display?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket Appliance

Rocket Appliance

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Ive have this Samsung model#RF217ACRS  thats driving me nuts....its missing all the segments in the display except for 2 small segments on the right side (fridge side) on the display.....also you cant make any adjustments either? I installed a new display board....nothing,...exactly same as before....so I thought ok...main control installed that tonight...nothing,..exactly the same as before again???

What am I missing? I think Im losing it lol.... Thanks again ,.. Rocket

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 JJ Surfer

JJ Surfer

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Nevada pale ale

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Review tech sheet, missing segments is an error code, Samsung checks sensors and etc at start up, look up the error code and go from there.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,818 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Samsung's Rapid resolution guide that includes some helpful repair tips for this model:  http://appliantology...solution-guide/

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Concur with Brother JJ Surfer.  Press and hold Power Freeze and Power Cool buttons for eight seconds and see what happens.  The fact the affected led segments are on the ref side display could point to a bad ref section sensor or a problem in the wire harness.

#5 Rocket Appliance

Rocket Appliance

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Ok...once again you guys save me.....from going crazy....fully.....The manual was great .....the missing segments being a code who,d a thunk it?..anyways turns out to be a code for fresh food evaporator fan and fresh food arewa out of range temp i think....pull the evap cover off and its all iced up! not to be confused with frosted up...I think ahhhaa! clogged evap drain tube.....well there would have to be a evap drain tube for it to be clogged...THERES NO HOLE!! NO TUBE!! NO WHERE FOR THE WATER TO GO...Has anyone seen this before? its not even formed into the plastic back? WTH

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Defrost drain should be at the base of the evaporator recess.  While you have the evaporator cover off might as well check defrost heater, thermostat and sensor.  Was the f/f evaporator fan running?  Should be able to close both f/f doors and hear fan start after a couple of seconds (with ear pressed to door).  The air ducts in the styrofoam evap cover can get blocked too.  Should be able to clear with warm water.  If needed replacement evaporator cover comes with fan motor.

#7 Rocket Appliance

Rocket Appliance

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

Yup no evap hole...its been filled with spray foam.....Ive found the tube but its full off spray foam...cant clear the blockage. Im going to go at it old school and drill a hole in the back of the fridge and put a old fashion ext. mounted drain tube...ill post some pics of this train wreck...

Thanks again all... :wink:

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,818 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

Yup no evap hole...its been filled with spray foam.....Ive found the tube but its full off spray foam...cant clear the blockage.

Shipped from Korea like this?  

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,083 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

I've seen this with Frigidaires but not Samsungs. Is this a warranty call? If not, did customer buy it second hand?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#10 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ive seen it on a Lg.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics