Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

applianceman97

LG warranty ?

6 posts in this topic

If a non authorized tech works on an LG refer after its standard 1 year warranty but before the compressor warrant expires will working on the refer void the compressor warranty for the customer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The product warranty isn't specific about non sealed system repairs after the first year warranty has expired.  However, any sealed system repair by a non authorized servicer would void any remaining sealed system parts and labor warranty.

Thats what I thought. Thank you!

Check with LG-- I've had them just tell the customer to have me fix it (non-authorized) and they would reimburse the customer.  So the customer paid me, submitted my work order to LG and got reimbursed.  That's because there are no authorized LG servicers in my area.  Would probably need to be the same situation in your area.  

Cool cool. Good to know. Thanks!

For best results, have the customer contact LG and tell them they want to use you.  LG is much more accommodative when the customer calls vs. the lowly servicer.