Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnjohn

Sagging frige Door

7 posts in this topic

frt8s6esbg frigidaire top freezer bottom frige. 

The frige door is rubbing the bottom of the cabinet at the end opposite of the hinges.  I looked at the hinges to see i there was  any adjustment but it looks like there is nothing. I can lift the door up and it closes fine. Can I just add a few nylon spacers to the bottom hinge pin? if so, is there a special part or can I just source them from lowes? anyone know the correct size?

The freezer door closes fine. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There are nylon washers specific to your model but you can easily find something similar at your hardware store.  3/8" to 1/2" inside diameter should do.  You won't have too much room to play with, 2 or 3 spacers possible before top of refrigerator rubs on upper hinge.  Also check the thimble in the door where the bottom hinge pin goes for unusual wear.  Minimal adjustment is possible at hinges.

The cabinets tend to bend on these causing the hinge to tilt, add a washer or two to the lower hinge screw to square up the hinge.

for reference:

R0703032-00001.png

R0703032-00002.png

Today I added 2 nylon washers to the bottom stud and it solved my issues. If there was a bit more adjustment from the hinges, it would have cured the issue without adding the washers.  Is it normal for a door to sag like that? There was no play in the door or the hinges and the nylon washers that were in place were in tact. Thanks for the replies. 

A pretty common problem on all this style Frickadaire's!!!!!!!

I've had to use a saw drill to slot out holes in the center hinge to get the gasket to seal correctly, door sagging and about a 1/16" to 1/8" gap at top of refrigerator door gasket on handle side.

Only thing I can think of is the cabinet itself gets twisted somehow.

thats what i was thinking. Cabinet not square. Owell  all done now

Thanks all

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0