Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
biscuit

Maytag mf12266aeu not cooling

11 posts in this topic

I have replaced the HV board and reprogrammed unit appears to be running but not cooling any help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... appears to be running but not cooling any help

Compressor is running ?

Yes you can hear it start

may need to see the frost pattern of the Freezer Evaporator Coils

after the Compressor has been running an hour or two ..

OK let me ck

OK compressor seems to be running nothing is frosted I think the thermal is kicking out the compressor is getting hot unit is about 5yrs old and has been in storage for a yr could it be low on freon

Why was the high voltage replaced?  What were your original symptoms?  Also check condenser fan operation.

the compressor has a slight vibration to the touch

Why was the high voltage replaced?  What were your original symptoms?  Also check condenser fan operation.

The unit wouldn't do anything on the front panel so I changed the HV board

If compressor is running and no frost whatsoever on evaporator then it sounds like a sealed system problem.  Unit was in storage for a year.  Was it transported on it's back or side before restarting?  Sometimes oil in the hermetically sealed compressor can transfer into the refrigerant lines and gum up the filter/drier causing a restriction.