Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel Nautilus Dishwasher, age? and fault.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Carlton Draught

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Model: FP920    87605

Serial:  BAM442514

Year manufactured??

Firstly, how old is this unit?  I found a website suggesting that the B indicated it was a year ending in 4, but was it  94 or 04.

Fault:

Apparently the unit started smoking, while in use.

When I pulled the covers off it and ran it, it seemed to be running through the cycle fine, but the water wasnt being heated.

The element measures about 35ohm, which seems ballpark for a 1.5kw element.

The Thermal overload measures aprox 0.4ohms.

I haven't pulled the door apart yet, as I gather there must be a relay on the control board in there.  Is this the case, and is it the likely culprit?  Has anyone changed one of these out before?

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

a B serial number is 4 so could be 94 or 2004 but 920 models werent made back in 94 so makes it 2004 manufacture

A makes it august

element sounds ok

I would stick it on a fast cycle and wait a few minutes and it should be on the heating part of the cycle

you can then easily check voltages at the overtemp and element

the electronics are generally reliable but not to say thats where your fault lies

#3 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Carlton Draught

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I let it run for probably 10 minutes or more and there was no discernible heat at all.

I'll check the voltages, but given the resistance readings I'm thinking the fault lies up in the panel.

I'll give it another run and check voltages, but I think I'll end up having to pull the door apart and have a look at the controller/relays.

Are these boards/assemblies available if this is the fault?

Thanks.

#4 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

controller part number 521793P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics