Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WASHER

INTERMITTENT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Dear Master,

I have anLG washer model # WM2277HW/01.The complaint is that they could not get the washer to turn on,and if it did turn on they would have to push the start button 6 times or more before it would start.Wanted to know if it is the user control board or is it the main control board as it could be either one.When I was there it was working fine so IDK

SAMANERA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,756 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

(If the red light is already on the board when you plug it in or you can see it turn on when you hit the power button you can skip checking the voltage at the main board first). ( check for voltage behind the display board)

Find the 2 (or 3) plugs behind the control panel (remove top to acces) and find the large plug and test for 12v dc between the red and orange wires. Then test for 5v dc between the orange and yellow wire. IF the voltage is correct here, the main board is okay. If voltage is not good change main board.

You can remove the display panel and visually inspect as well. Found one yesterday that had a burnt resistor.

Checking main board voltage,

When you remove the cover of the board you will see a black and a yellow relay. (some times its blue instead of black) check for 120v at pin 1 of the black relay to pin 1 on the yellow relay. If your voltage is good, hit the power button on the front and the red light on the board should turn on (if not on already from plugging it in.)

Hope this helps.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 arrow 1

arrow 1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Texas Tea

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Check the start push button contact area on control panel. It has a plastic carriage that acts as a spring when pushed. If the carriage is broken contact is not made. I have repaired a few of these. If you push the button and it does not spring back, most likely the culprit

Edited by arrow 1, 03 June 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Is this part of the whole control panel, Brother Arrow?  http://www.repaircli...Number=WM2277HW

Control-Panel-AGL30906702-00666922.jpg

#5 arrow 1

arrow 1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Texas Tea

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yes you have to remove the control panel to check.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics