Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirpool front load water coming out of the soap load area

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Oh great one, once again I come seeking wisdom. A friends Whirpool front load duet washer circa 2006 started leaking a little now it's a flood. I searched the forums but can't find anything. Just after start water starts coming out the upper left front where the soap load tray pulls out. When I remove the tray and run the cycle the drain area starts filling then overflows. If I shut it off I notice the water slowly goes down. I made sure the unit is level and called Whirlpool, useless, they are no help. Do you have any advise?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

That is an open passageway....if it is backing up and flooding, something is in there blocking it...suspect a sock or some other small garment stuck where it spills into the tub,,,
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

You've got a sock or something stuck in the fill hose where it enters the outter tub from the dispenser.

Remove the top and look down the front of the dispenser assembly for a black hose. Pull it off from the tub (its a pressure fit) and you'll find your clothing item there.

Reinsert the hose and make sure it is in snug and not rubbing on the inner drum when u spin it and yer good to go.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#4 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thanks,

How would a sock get in there, must be the eternally missing sox that goes into the dryer black hole. Not sure how to remove the top, I took took the back panel off and can see the black hose. if I look inside the washer drum I cant see where the soap tray drain comes into the tub. I will go stick my head in again and look at the top for how to remove.

#5 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I just noted I did not include the model # WFW8300SW01

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have found the white foam disc that you find under the cap of some laundry products, like a bleach jug. Or, it is plugged due to the pillow pack soap pods being put in the dispenser instead of inside with the clothes.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

You would be surprised what you'll find.  Pulled a paper towel out of a Samsung water inlet.  Sure, it was a Bounty but still.

#8 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

open the door, look between the rubber door boot the the drum around the 10 o'clock position, socks will get stuck there and block the incoming water flow

#9 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Here's hoping it's a G-string for ya ... those are always fun to pull out, especially when the customer is right there.  lol.  

#10 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here's hoping it's a G-string for ya ... those are always fun to pull out, especially when the customer is right there.  lol.  

"And that would be my daughters..."  <---True STORY!!!

#11 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Dang!  That's not right!  lol.  

My best one is after pulling a g-string out of the pump of a Cabrio, the Mrs. of the house exclaims 'that's not mine!!!'  lol.  I suspect hubby had some explaining to do that night.  lol.  

#12 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Dang!  That's not right!  lol.  

My best one is after pulling a g-string out of the pump of a Cabrio, the Mrs. of the house exclaims 'that's not mine!!!'  lol.  I suspect hubby had some explaining to do that night.  lol.  

Especially if it was his size!

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#13 prairiestr

prairiestr

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Jack

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Pull dispenser tray out and check the housing.

I had one last week with a one inch crack/ hole in it.

Looked like tub must have been way off balance and smashed into housing.

#14 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

ROTFLMFAO

"Here's hoping it's a G-string for ya ... those are always fun to pull out, especially when the customer is right there."

THAT is funny.

Well it was a stocking it appeared, I will post the overflow fix tomorrow, too fried tonight to post. Still have a small leak in the back, wil investigate and report back.

#15 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

cant beat the condom i found wrapped around a drain pump impeller once, i handed pump motor to the cust and said you take it off, im not touching that

#16 Kokanee Ranger

Kokanee Ranger

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kokanee ... the beer out here.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Found a sock plugging the water inlet on the tub side . Used a coat hanger to fish it out from between the spin basket and the tub. Also found a g-string in the drain lint catcher an a Duet. When I showed the very thong worthy costumer Her comment was “I thought the Maid stole that “

:wink:

#17 prairiestr

prairiestr

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Jack

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Found a sock plugging the water inlet on the tub side . Used a coat hanger to fish it out from between the spin basket and the tub. Also found a g-string in the drain lint catcher an a Duet. When I showed the very thong worthy costumer Her comment was “I thought the Maid stole that “

:wink:

"very thong worthy", I like those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics