Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador Wall Oven/Microwave Model# SEMW302B2, F-34 Error Code

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

I found two other post on the subject matter of F-34 on the Thermador Oven/Warmer/Microwave (Dec 27th, 2011) (Jan 13th, 2007).

The units controls seem to run fine, and when I turned it to 350 and closed the door, i did hear the convection fan, only a minute later I got the F-35 error code.  Sounds like it could be the three sail switches and or connections, control board, or convection fan,  here are some of my questions:

1. If it is the convection fan running slow or dirty, how would it being dirty slow it down, like grease on the blades, or the actual motor winding being clogged.  How would I clean it, if that is whats wrong?

2. I tried identifying where the sail switches are on the wiring diagram, but from the manual, I couldn't identify what diagram goes to the SEMW302B2 model that I'm working on. 

3. Then if i did want to order the read switches, what would some part numbers be for them, and where would I gain access on the unit to them? are the all in the back?

4. I will be taking my dolly for when I go to do the repair, would you order the switches and control board just in case, and return what you don't use?

5.  I would really like to understand the wiring diagram and what kind of voltages I should be looking for and where.

6. Is there a independent relay that controls the convection fan that is seperate from the control board?

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

On your model the old air switches that would normally throw out the F-34 fault code have been replaced by a hall sensor which is built in to the cooling fan motor located in the center section behind door lock mechanism.  Unit does have to be pulled to access this component from the rear.  Cooling fan P/N 440665.  The convection fan will energize during bake for a faster preheat and should not trigger the F-34 fault.

#3 danoam

danoam

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Nine times out of ten, and I've run into these a lot lately, cleaning the blower wheel fixes the problem. You can enter diagnostics and view the fan speed via the hall sensor. I don't have the instructions for doing this right now, sorry. If the speed is above 3000 i believe for more than 10 or 20 seconds I believe, it will throw the code up. I always see a speed too fast, never too slow. I clean the blowers with a coil brush ant the problem disappears. A new display will have new software that allows the fan to run outside the upper end of it's range without throwing the code. Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

To access component test:

Oven must be cool (Below 400 degrees)

Press and hold Start and Dehydrate 3 seconds

Press Timer 1 or Timer 2 to check cooling fan operation

(Other function keys will test other components)

Press Off to exit

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

how does a dirty blower wheel make it go faster? 

And your talking 3,000 rpm?

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm guessing that when the blades of the squirrel cage get caked it cuts down on the drag.  The hall sensor in the motor may sense rpm out of range in any direction and throw the F-34 fault.  I usually replace cooling fans for worn or noisy bearings, quite possibly due to blades getting dirty, regardless of make or model.  If your unit is not noisy and seems to run ok it might be worth cleaning before replacing per danoam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics