I have never worked on this type of refrigerator, the evaporator is at the top of the freezer section. The original complaint was that the plastic fan blades where hitting a ice formation and making various ticking noises. A little tricky getting to the fill tube area from inside, but what I found is that the drain tube is frozen, causing water to drip down and form ice around the evap fan. A couple of questions:
1. The heater wire wrapped around the drain tube metered at 1,300 ohms with my digital meter and 1,100 ohms with my analog meter...the tech sheet says that this heater should be 882 ohms. Is this difference enough to positively conclude that its a simple drain tube heater issue?
2. The foil pan heater metered at 1,635 ohms and the tech sheet says it should be 1,653 ohms...this seems o.k.
3. Does anybody have the service manual for this unit?
4. The evaporator was free of any excessive frost, so my assumption is that the defrost heating system works fine, and by the way, the unit is holding temps fine 0 degrees in freezer and 35 degrees in fridge. Here is my question, if the defrost heater had been bad, how in the heck would you get access to it, and for that matter, how would you get access to the defrost thermistat?
5. If the actual drain tube heater is not the issue, should I start looking at the ADC as the issue?