Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JADE Refrigerator SxS Model# RJRS4270D: Frozen Drain Line

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have never worked on this type of refrigerator, the evaporator is at the top of the freezer section. The original complaint was that the plastic fan blades where hitting a ice formation and making various ticking noises.  A little tricky getting to the fill tube area from inside, but what I found is that the drain tube is frozen, causing water to drip down and form ice around the evap fan.  A couple of questions: 

1. The heater wire wrapped around the drain tube metered at 1,300 ohms with my digital meter and 1,100 ohms with my analog meter...the tech sheet says that this heater should be 882 ohms.  Is this difference enough to positively conclude that its a simple drain tube heater issue?

2. The foil pan heater metered at 1,635 ohms and the tech sheet says it should be 1,653 ohms...this seems o.k.

3. Does anybody have the service manual for this unit?

4.   The evaporator was free of any excessive frost, so my assumption is that the defrost heating system works fine, and by the way, the unit is holding temps fine 0 degrees in freezer and 35 degrees in fridge. Here is my question, if the defrost heater had been bad, how in the heck would you get access to it, and for that matter, how would you get access to the defrost thermistat?

5. If the actual drain tube heater is not the issue, should I start looking at the ADC as the issue?

Thanks,

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

http://appliantology...rvice-pointers/

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1456277

Drain-Pan-W10199913-01074162.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yip thats the part, thanks. Have you replaced one of these before and is it just pressure fit in place, I didn't see any clips or screws that where obvious for the pan?

Thanks again.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

http://appliantology...-refrigerators/

^ ^ ^

updated 9 AM

Fridge may be made by Dacor

from some other blogs:

Oct 08, 2012
I called Jenn Air service department and they sent me the new designed drip pan for free, 2 day express, and called back to ensure I received the part.
My fridge is no longer under warranty, so I would say that is pretty good customer service.

Dec 27, 2011
I've got the same problem.
After installing a replacement drip pan (W1019913) and disconnecting the thermistor per the enclosed instructions,
the problem returned within two months.
I just called Jenn-Air customer service and was told that there is a new design for the drip pan this is only available through Jenn-Air, and not through distributors.
Therefore the part I purchased in November through a distributor was the old design (even though it was dated 1/27/11).
The Jenn-Air rep agreed to have a tech install the new design under warranty,
even though I purchased the unit almost 5 years ago. I'm hopeful that this will correct the problem.

March 19, 2012
To date, I have replaced the drip pan assembly in my refrigerator 3 times.
The last one was this past Tuesday, the 7th of December, at a cost of $411.00.
The previous repair was July of this same year $321.12, plus damper assembly $90.74 and 4 hours of my time for installation.
The previous same repair was the first year I owned the refrigerator under warranty.
I have just been told that the newest drip pan part #W10199913 has been modified with a heating element that should correct the continuing problems?
I also had the crisper assembly part #67002144 replaced.
I was told the part costs $1250.00 and was unavailable at first, by Greg and Bethany and finally, Gloria ** (supervisor) promised to find the part.
She did not.
I did receive a replacement from the Corporate Office after 8 phones calls to the Customer Service Center, Research Department and finally the Corporate Office.

It was Tiasha ** at corporate who actually resolved the location of the part.
Service call for the diagnosis cost $85.00, plus my time investment of 6 hours.
FYI, this part is still listed as unavailable and without it, the refrigerator stops working.
Probably just a $0.50 transistor or diode yet not covered by warranty and renders the entire refrigerator useless.
Unbelievable!
The refrigerator door shelf part #67001561 had to be replaced as the plastic, which holds the chrome retainer split.
$110.00 for a plastic door shelf?
I have also had both door seals parts AP4077728 and AP4076565 replaced under warranty, but that took 3 home visits between December 9, 2007 and February 21, 2008 to complete.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Thanks so much...this info is very usefull

Looks like two way sticky tape holds that tray in place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics