Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Washer (KAWE777BWHO) not draining

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NL Fix-it

NL Fix-it

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

I have replaced the lid switch to my Kitchenaid washer (thanks to your wonderful samurais :)), which got it running fine....for one load. Once the washer fills, it stops, and I have to advance the timer 2-3 clicks to get it to go to the next part of the cycle.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

When the washer stalls, try lifting and closing the lid to see if that kicks the washer off. Lemme know.

#3 NL Fix-it

NL Fix-it

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

I'm a little cofused. If the washer is stalled, how will I know if it is off by opening/closing the lid?

#4 NL Fix-it

NL Fix-it

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

Okay, I did open and close the lid on the washer when it was stalled, but nothing else happend. The only way to make it go to the spin or rinse cycle (depending on what kind of wash) is by moving the dial a few clicks. Any ideas?

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:04 PM

Sounds like you might have a timer going bad or a defective fill level switch....This is not something I have heard of before so is quite the puzzle to me.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,823 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:24 AM

It does sounds like a flakey timer.  If you buy it here and that doesn't fix it, you can return it for a refund.

Posted Image

#7 NL Fix-it

NL Fix-it

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

This might make it more clear. I recently used the washer, planning on advancing the timer to get through the wash, and two things happend. One, I noticed that the "clicks" that I was going through were apparently the agitate part of the cycle, and two, the wahser overflowed horribly. Almost definately a bad fill switch, no?

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

How did you stop the water???  If you turned the washer off and the water stopped, would be electrical problem in the washer.  If it kept filling after you turned the washer off and had to turn the fauctes off to stop the water then it would be the fill valve. But this still might not address the original turn 3 click to enter delema......

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#9 NL Fix-it

NL Fix-it

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:39 PM

It does seem to my unprofessional eyes that there are multiple problems with the machine. To answer your question though, I didn't realize the washer had overflowed until later when I came out to get the laundry out. Here is a quick way to show what happened:

Turned washer on

It filled to the top, then shut off, no agitate, no spin, regardless of opening the lid

I advanced the timer, closed lid, and the machine began to spin, drain, and fill simultaneously.

I walked away, washer then overflowed

Washer was at the end of the cycle when I came back

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,823 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:05 AM

Rarely are there multiple problems, unless one problem created another.  It happens, but it's rare.

Turn the washer on to fill, then unplug it.  Do this several times in succession.  If the water shuts off every time you unplug the washer, then we can say the valve is good and we must go merrily traipsing off to another part of the washer in search of demons to destroy. 

You have described a problem evolution from your original problem description (was just stalling, now added flooding) so we're trying to hit a moving target.  Re-summarize your problem, including ALL the symptoms, so that we're all on the same page.

#11 Lurker_ntsounis3@optonline.net_*

Lurker_ntsounis3@optonline.net_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hi,

My kitchenaid washer kawe777bwho is not draining.  Had this problem twice in the past. ..Kids keep overloading the machine...Need the specifications in order to replace the coupling .  I hear the new direct drive coupling is metal and replaces the former plastic coupling.  Think you can help me with this problem.. ..thanks.. P.S.    Ntsounis3

#12 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

A broken coupler has nothing to do with draining, but would keep it from agitating or spinning.  the coupler is plastic and rubber, have not heard of any metal ones yet.  HERE  is your coupler, but this will not fix the no drain problem...best to check your hoses and pump to see if something is stuck in one of them...The coupler is designed to break if you overload the washer, so it looks to have done its job correctly, a metal coupler would not protect the washer from this.

#13 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

Here is how to replace this coupling, have to pull the pump and motor to do this so you can check the pump and hoses at the same time for the no drain problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics