Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune Class Action BS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 berean_315

berean_315

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:28 AM

Just had a problem occur with my Maytag Neptune Washer a couple of days ago. Found some cracked/burnt parts on the motor controller board. Now will have to replace the board.

Called Maytag to see if can be covered under the Class Action settlement. I just found out  about the settlement after searching the internet due to this problem. The lady I spoke to said since I didn't file the claim by a certain date (which seems arbitrary) then too bad. She also said since the problem occurred after this date (August 2005?) then it wouldn't be covered anyway. What BS is this!  It's the same problem Maytag is aware of and has occurred numerous times on other washers.

I usually don't get worked up, but this is ridiculous in my opinion. The Neptune has some design problems/flaws and Maytag should be big enough and have the integrity to fix these problems and respect their customers.

Off soapbox.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 B1gator

B1gator

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

I just joined this forum but i had a very similar experience with a MAH 7500AWW and had the same conversation.  Have since purchased a new washer.  I understand your frustration.:X

#3 DTMartin

DTMartin

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

I got the same answer from Maytag when I inquired about my bad water pump. Should have filed a claim by 8/2005 she said. So I bought a new Maytag brand water pump and attempted to install it (see my novelette on how to do that in the Laundry Forum) and called Maytag to ask a relatively simple question: Is the pump mounted to the bottom of the washing machine with screws? Maytag's answer: "Damned if we know. We can sell you a service manual though." I'm done with Maytag...

#4 splook

splook

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

you need to replace r11 Q6 and the wax motor all three.
ebay has maytag neptune repair kits   usamktng on ebay sold me a great kit my washer is back up and running my wife thinks Iam a appliance god.

Attached Files

#5 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:22 AM

[align=left]An excellent site on this whole issue:

http://members.shaw.ca/gavb/
[/align]
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#6 Dougstar

Dougstar

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:21 AM

Ah yes, Seems you have the same issues with the Neptune front loaders in the State as we do in Oz. Our MAH3000AAW models had 5 years warranty & are just now turning into cash jobs for us ruthless repairers!!!!!  LOL :yikes:

Like this site!!!!  Very Cool :D
Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

Dougstar,

Welcome aboard! It's always nice to get new points of view. We can probably get some good input from you on the Fisher&Paykel product line. It's a growing trend here in the USA.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 Dougstar

Dougstar

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:33 PM

Nick,

Have many F&P manuals in PDF form, they are 240volt for Australia but the principles are the same, & I'm pretty sure the fault codes are generic across all models.

Cheers,

Doug :)
Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics