Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking stoves

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

I have a client who said she has a viking that wont go into clean, she said a service rep came out and charged her 145.00 and said she just needed to do with out clean mode. So here I am. Had apprentice status last month and need to know how to keep it. I'm in business start up mode here so funds are weak at the moment. So first question is where can you get viking parts. Are they only availiable from them. I kind of sense some of the companies dont make prints availiable. My customer said her model was a VDSG 305 4bss. That doesnt come up is it possibly a VGSC 305 48?. If you have any advice or help let me know. I'm thinking there is a problem with the door switch, some are calling it a motor. Have not even seen the unit so I blind as to what to expect to acess the doo switch. Trying to form a plan for battle and don't like not having one. Thanks in advance

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

Will need complete/correct model number for further research.

#3 wobiii

wobiii

Ikkō-ikki

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud light

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Battle plan

1. Patience.

2. More of 1

3. repeat

You get the point. The ones i've worked on are pretty simple really., just a real pita because of the screws, rust, placement. . . . I like hadco for parts.

Vikings always seem to take 3 times as long as the regular ones

“A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate.”

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Concur with Brother wobiii.  Hadcos' my go to for Viking and U-Line parts.

#5 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

It is a VDSC 305 4B SS, was able to get on phone with tech, the guy was real helpfull, put me in touch with HADCO parts and we got them on the way. Problem was thermstat switch / mico swith on the back broke, we jumpered it and found out the self clean control board was shot, also had a buzzing relay underneath . I did not take the toe kick panel off, hope it's just the two screws put in bad spot that I have to take off to access the buzing relay.
the tech sent me a repair manual, not exact for my model, but explains the clean cycle and trouble shoot techniques.
My customer is a good one and ordered all the parts. Was not as high priced as I expected, 245.00 for all shipped.

Here is some helpfull info. Hadco parts phone # 1-800-241 9152, vicking tech support 1-800-914-4799 (tim hunt was my tech great help, professional) Thanks for your efforts here. I have a saved PDF copy, can we attach to post?? Instruct How?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,923 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have a saved PDF copy, can we attach to post?? Instruct How?

Attach it as a file upload on the contact page and send it.  I'll get it and post it in the Downloads section:  http://contact.appliantology.org/

#7 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

sent the pdf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics