The display was reading er CO with no ice or water. being dispenced.
Which may be a bad/intermittent connection between the main and display boards.
When I opened the left dispncer door, the error code would go away but return 30 seconds later (timed it).
That gave me hope that the problem is just a pinched wire.
I removed the hinge cover (at which point the door open sensor is at the open position because it is attached to the cover.)
Jossled the wirings. Re-installed hinge cover.
Same error reading.
Unplugged the wire connections, waited a minute and plugged it back in, hoping that it was a loose connector by the hinge.
The led display went to normal, then 30secs. later it read er CO again.
Unplugging the unit from the power source, for a couple minutes, will do the same thing, ie normal display, then error code
I opened the rear panel and temporarily removed the middle wiring connector that goes to the display and the same sequence of results.
I removed the water/ice dispencer assembly and got to the led board and wiring connections.
I removed the wiring connections, one small 4 pronged connector was not locked in tight, so I thought that there was the problem.
Removing the wiring harness that comes from the top hinge appears as PITA, so I hope I don't have to replace that.
I plugged them all back in, then re-attached the whole assembly, thanks for the tutorial on the dispencer removal.
Same problem, and no ice or water.
So the only thing I have not checked is the continuity of the wires gouing from the top (hinge) of the dispencer door to the back of the dispencer
I am hoping that this is a usual problem and that there may be a standard solution for resolving the issue.
LG LFX25975ST/01, bought in 2010
Thanks for any help