Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Richelle Fatheree

Samsung washer - no power

33 posts in this topic

We should know tomorrow! I'll install the new board and let you know what happens. Crossing my fingers...

Thanks so much for all your help. I'm learning a lot even if I haven't fixed it yet.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Latest update: repairman came today and says it must be the main control board. He also said in 13 years I'm the first customer he's ever had who took the top off the washer. Kicking myself for doubting myself, but it's nice to know I'm on the right track - thanks to the board's help! As soon as the board arrives, I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest update: repairman came today and says it must be the main control board.

How did he determine that?

He also said in 13 years I'm the first customer he's ever had who took the top off the washer. 

Taking the top off a Samsung washer is like popping a cold one for an Appliantologist!  

As soon as the board arrives, I'll let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to it!  

LOL! He determined it the same way you and I determined it - new sub, new display board, new noise filter - only thing left is the main control board. :) If the new main board doesn't make the machine work, I'm buying a new one.

LOL! He determined it the same way you and I determined it - new sub, new display board, new noise filter - only thing left is the main control board. :)

That's all!?  Did he even open his meter case and do any measurements at the main PCB?  If not, did you pay this guy anything?

Basically he waved his current detector around, checked to see if the new display board, sub control board and noise meter were installed correctly (they were - thank you) and said it couldn't be anything else. I asked about the motor, but he said that this machine doesn't have a motor, but described something else (that sounded like a motor to me.) I asked him if it could be anything other than the main board and he said "no". 

He didn't do any tests like the ones I did yesterday. I was hoping he would because I wanted to watch and see if I'd been doing it correctly. I specifically told him about getting 50 VAC instead of 120 at the A/C because I thought I might have done the test wrong. He did not re-do it.

Now I feel stupid that I paid for the service call, but I didn't think I had an option.

Success!

:rock_band: 

I just installed the PCB and my washing machine works! Thank you so much for all your help - way more than I ever would have expected. I almost did it with the manuals, fast track and your instructions/suggestions. I've learned a lot and now I have more confidence to take on my next repair. I LOVE appliantology.org. I've been telling lots of friends about the site because I'm so enthusiastic.

:thanks:

Thank you for being there and being such a great teacher/Samurai! :samurai:

:woohoo:

1 person likes this

Don't feel stupid-- you're stil gaining confidence in the Craft.

Great job sticking with it and seeing it through to the end! Most people would have given up before now. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. :dude: