Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
steveg_nh

Kenmore Washer 110.26912691 sprays water at end of cycle

19 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I tried to tackle this issue before without much luck, but admittedly I wasn't fully engaged to get it solved. I never had a good lead though, so I'm hoping this problem may be something someone has seen. On my Kenmore Elite 90 Series washer, model 110.26912691, which is about 13 years old (I've got my money's worth for sure), at the end of every cycle when it's done spinning, just before it shuts off, I get a strong jet/spray of water back into the tub. It ends up making the clothes it hits pretty wet again. This just adds extra drying time.

The washer has been fine otherwise. I replaced the motor coupler about a year ago, but other than that, it's been great.

Any idea or tips for what I can test? Is it a bad water valve? Circuit board?

Thank you for the help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the only time i saw this it was a bad timer. started going in to the second rinse by itself.  if you have a cycle without the second rinse see try that and see if it does it

Bad timer.

Thanks. I have second rinse turned off. But on all other cycles, like permanent press, or presoak, it doesn't do it. So timer it sounds like?

I can;'t find the wiring diagram for that model,

but some models do spray short blasts of water during Spin.

Some of those Timer Contacts go bad and Spray long bursts of water during Spin.

This is after spin. The very last click when it's going to turn off, it sprays one strong blast of water, abuot 2 seconds long. This started about a year ago. Only on Normal cycle.

do yo have a copy of the wiring diagram you could scan & upload somewhere ?

Yes, I'll have to get it tonight though. The diagram is in the console.

Here's the timer chart that's easier to read the contact numbers and functions.

Eric

3950070TimerChart.jpg

Edited by fairbank56

Here's the timer chart that's easier to read the contact numbers and functions.

thanks

Ultra Clean Cycle

After 2 minutes of the 6 minute Spin Cycle,

the Spray is 15 seconds ON . . . 25 seconds OFF . . . 15 seconds ON

Permanent Press Cycle

After 2 minutes of the 4 minute Spin Cycle,

the Spray is 15 seconds ON . . . 25 seconds OFF . . . 15 seconds ON

Ok, it's the Ultra Clean cycle. But again, this is a final 2 sec spray at the very END of the entire cycle, after the final spin...Once it does that, it's done. Seems weird. Why soak the clothes that were just spun out.

I'd say so. It works just fine, spins, etc...then just before the final "click" to off, I get the spray. Sounds like the timer...I wasn't sure if it could be some type of water valve or something.

Seems like fill contact (10) is closing a tad early due to a worn or partially broken cam on the timer cam drum at that part of the cycle. A different cam on the drum operates the contact in other cycles.

Eric

Timer cam drum

TimerCamDrum.jpg

Edited by fairbank56

Thanks all. Sounds like a timer is due if it's worth it to fix...

Just saw the pic of the cam drum. Very interesting to learn how the washer works! Thank you.

Thanks everyone, for the help! That was it. Got the part locally cause I tend to be impatient. Fair price though. And it works like a charm!