Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer fills and agitates at the same time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Had one do this the other day but it would fill and agitate at the same time. Preasure switch was good. Intermittant agitate contact in timer was shorted. It started working correctly while troubleshooting. Quoted timer if it did it again. Seems to be working as they have not called back.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Bad timer.

But then you might already have been told that.

#3 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Had one do this the other day but it would fill and agitate at the same time. Preasure switch was good. Intermittant agitate contact in timer was shorted.

Hmmm, the agitate contact (6) is already closed during fill. It doesn't agitate because there is no power to the timer until the pressure switch is in the full position. The only way it could agitate during fill is if one of the two pressure switch bypass contacts (2 or 2A) or spray contact (13) are closing when they shouldn't be.

Eric

#4 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I know sounds crazy. The tech sheet showed nothing for contact 2 (never closed as shown by the black squares on the timer chart)on the timer and i believe i was working on contact 10 when it started working. That was the only other one that supplied power to the satisfied side of the pressure switch with no water in it.

#5 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

It shows contact 2 closed during dry agitate, drain, spin and during 1/2 tub drain in perm press cool down. . It is the pressure switch bypass contact and is in series with the lid switch. That's why when you open the lid during drain/spin, the motor stops. Contact 10 supplies power to the pressure switch and causes fill when tub empty and agitate when tub full.

Eric

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

... Had one do this the other day but it would fill and agitate at the same time.

different problem

should start a new thread ... so as not to confuse the readers ...

same model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

different problem

should start a new thread ... so as not to confuse the readers ...

same model number ?

Good point, Brother Reg!  

Topic split.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics