I have a 2002 Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side fridge/freeze - model 10651562102. Several weeks ago, two unusual things happened at the same time. 1) it wouldn't stop making ice, even after I put the slide on the optical sensor in the "off" position. 2) It would dribble/leak from the supply line, and form a sort of icicle which formed on the ice bin - I guess the water dribbled along the top, and ran forward, landing on the bin.
Here's what I did:
1) Made sure the water supply line wasn't frozen - removed, checked, replaced.
2) Did the "jumper" thing on the control board to ensure it would go into the forced harvest cylce - no problems.
3) Checked the continuity on the supply valve - seemed OK (btw, the water line to the water dispenser worked fine...good pressure, no leaks)
4) Replaced the water supply valve, just in case the freezer valve was faulty.
5) Replaced the two optics boards (emitter/sensor) since have never seen the LED light on at any time since we had it (even though it made ice!)
The unit goes through harvest cycles regularly. There is no "error" blinking on the optical sensor. Only problem is when you would expect the unit to call for water, there is no sound indicating the valve is opening (I remember what it sounds like), and no water is dispensed into the ice tray, and no ice being made.
So, any ideas on what else needs to be checked out? Continuity tests to be done that I'm missing?
Thanks for any help here.
Edited by DurhamAppliance, 09 June 2013 - 03:48 PM.
added "106" to the model number