Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Steve Pope

GE Dishwasher PDWT580P00SS Bottom spray arm not turning

6 posts in this topic

My GE PDWT580P00SS dishwasher was not cleaning on the bottom.  I determined that the bottom and middle spray arms were not turning.  I removed them both and cleaned them out and they appeared to be turning after that, but now the bottom is not turning again. I checked to make sure water was coming to the bottom by placing a solo cup over the bottom center to see if it got blown off or not.  It did. I noticed that the bottom arm seems to fit loose.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are the wheels on the bottom basket? If they are missing, the basket will set on the lower arm and it will not turn?

Wheels are there.  I even took the basket out.  Still not turning.

After the water stops filling in the basin and when the spray starts, open the door and see where the water fill level is relative to the heating element.  

Looks like the water is about .5" below the bottom of the heating element.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?  Would like to try to fix what seems like a simple issue myself if possible, but the wife is getting a bit perturbed.