Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Dishwasher PDWT580P00SS Bottom spray arm not turning

GE Dishwasher Spray Arm

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirzet

Kirzet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RJ Rockers Buckwheat After Dark (BAD)

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

My GE PDWT580P00SS dishwasher was not cleaning on the bottom.  I determined that the bottom and middle spray arms were not turning.  I removed them both and cleaned them out and they appeared to be turning after that, but now the bottom is not turning again. I checked to make sure water was coming to the bottom by placing a solo cup over the bottom center to see if it got blown off or not.  It did. I noticed that the bottom arm seems to fit loose.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Are the wheels on the bottom basket? If they are missing, the basket will set on the lower arm and it will not turn?

#3 Kirzet

Kirzet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Wheels are there.  I even took the basket out.  Still not turning.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

After the water stops filling in the basin and when the spray starts, open the door and see where the water fill level is relative to the heating element.  

#5 Kirzet

Kirzet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Looks like the water is about .5" below the bottom of the heating element.

#6 Kirzet

Kirzet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?  Would like to try to fix what seems like a simple issue myself if possible, but the wife is getting a bit perturbed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics