Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dishwasher makes noise sounds like no water spraying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 racerc20

racerc20

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Good evening friends and and diyers. My maytag dishwasher mdb8600aws recently started sounding weird. After I hear the water fill I hear a moaning and dronijng but no sound of water being sprayed around. I have also found half dissolved finish tabs laying in the bottom if the tub. It is definitely getting water into the tub because after about 45 secs after startup I opened the door and the bottom was full of water. I restarted the the cycle and waited about 5-10 min and the droning was back but no sound of water spraying. With about 45 min left in the cycle I nlpened the door and the dishes were dry and very hot.

Any ideas on this noise and the half dissolved tablets....

As always thank you in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Sounds  like a good candidate for the impeller rebuild kit: http://www.repaircli...mber=MDB8600AWS

Seal-Kit-6-919539-00767326.jpg

Breakdown diagram and details in this post:  http://fixitnow.com/...the-dishwashes/

#3 racerc20

racerc20

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

well I finally took the thing apart and the shaft down below the chopper seems ok. 

When I put it on a rinse I hear a low drone then it gets louder and louder then eventually goes low again.   IS it possible the water pump is no good after all this time.  does the motor or the pump bring the water into the unit...

Thanks

Carl

#4 racerc20

racerc20

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

you see because of work and beer and lazy I had no desire to pull this thing apart.  wife was using it as a drying rack after handwashing the dishes.  well I was off today and decided to be nice and try to fix but not sure now what is the problem....there was some stagnant water from the dishes in the bottom so I filled it even more to see what would happen and when I put on rinse nothing just that low to high droning.  then it appears to pump all the water out of the tub because after the cycle when I opened it all the water was gone from the bottom. 

I know its a disjointed post sorry

carl

#5 racerc20

racerc20

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

well I watched the video and listened to some of the tips...It appears after a three month hiatus from  being run, I believe the inlet valve is stuck cuz I don't hear it filling.   I filled the tub with about a gallon of water and let it run on light wash...it appears when I interrupted the cycle that the door and upper rack were somewhat wet...the heating elements were active but when it was running empty of course I could barely hear water spraying around inside and then there was the issue of the noise low (volume) drone that got louder and louder...when I took apart to see if the impeller shaft was good or bad the first spray arm you remove was very sloppy...this is the arm not on the sliding rack but on top of the output shaft.

Any ideas or inlet valve + possibly more equals a new dishwasher to keep the mrs. happy.

Sorry again...

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sounds like the wash motor acting up P/N 6-919922.  It's an expensive repair and you may turn around and have subsequent problems with the main control board and/or door latch in the near future.

Part number: AP4365135

Part number: AP4365135

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Could be a clogged inlet valve, also, depending on the serial number, this unit may have been recalled due to a heater bracket issue...

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 08 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm glad Whirlpool decided to axe this dishwasher chassis. They also shuddered the plant in Jackson, Tennesee too. They wound up selling the plant and the leftover stainless steel platforms used to make the Jenn Air dishwashers to Electrolux and now Electrolux uses it for their low end stainless steel tub dishwashers.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 08 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics