Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
fix101

DCS RGT-305 burner problems

3 posts in this topic

My DCS RGT-305 has a few problems with its burners 

1. One burner continues to click its igniter while it is lit. It happened after my wife boiled over a pot. I've taken it apart and cleaned it (even with a Q-tip and alcohol to the igniter) sometimes the clicking stops at a high setting but usually resumes at med thru simmer.

2. Another burner sometimes won't turn off. The knob is in the off position but the flame remains lit.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check burner spark switch for short.  Also check electrode wire for short to ground (chassis).  If all check good might have a shorted spark module.  Second burner sounds like a faulty valve.  Might be adjustable if there is a set screw in valve shaft.

The DCS (Fischer Pakel) gas burners utilize two orifices for each burner. One for the full heat and one for the simmer, they both operate one regular heat and only the simmer when using simmer. On simmer the flame will come out of the lower ports on the burner base only. Almost every time I have seen a repeated spark the simmer orifices are clogged. You have to remove the cap and burner base to access. The holes are very tiny, I usually have to soak them in ice machine cleaner to get them unclogged, because I have yet to find anything small enough to insert into the hole.

Dual flow burner image post-83029-0-85141700-1370904287_thumb.j