Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Scottdottcom

Kitchen Aid compressor and heat exchanger KSSS48DAX01

5 posts in this topic

I have come across a Kitchen Aid refrigerator in need of a new compressor and heat exchanger. The OEM "horizontal" compressor has been changed out by another party some time ago and I am unable to find any information on the compressor. My local supply houses are only able to tell me that the items I am looking for are no longer available. Does anyone have some cross reference information for this model?

Kitchen Aid

Model KSSS48DAX01

Serial QC1200013

Thank you,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have come across a Kitchen Aid refrigerator in need of a new compressor and heat exchanger. The OEM "horizontal" compressor has been changed out by another party some time ago and I am unable to find any information on the compressor. My local supply houses are only able to tell me that the items I am looking for are no longer available. Does anyone have some cross reference information for this model?

Kitchen Aid

Model KSSS48DAX01

Serial QC1200013

Thank you,

Bring an extra guy and charge a lot!  

1 person likes this

You can look at the label on the compressor and get the Embracio number. The you can buy just the compressor from a compressor dealer. Or, you can just substitute any equivalent Emraco compressor.

Careful on this one, check for oil where the heat exchanger makes the 90 degree bend into the evaporator.

I have found many to leak at the joint from the heat exchanger into the evaporator.

VF