Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Leaking Frigidaire FRT18IL6DSE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vineman

vineman

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Priorat

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

The drain pan under the fridge is overflowing with each defrost. It looks like it isn't naturally evaporating the contents as designed. I have cleared lint from the back vents and front toe kick but since this is a passive system I'm not sure what else can be done to encourage the natural evaporation process. Have any of you techs solved similar problems that I can consider?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Have you verified that the condenser fan us running?  

Are the doors sealing properly?

Are you seeing signs of rime ice formation or excessive condensation inside the compartments?

#3 vineman

vineman

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Condenser fan is running but yes there is some frozen condensation on the top left side of the freezer. I figured that the door seal has a small breach and needs replacement but never associated the two conditions could be associated with the same problem. Hard to imagine that the small amount of condensation could overwhelm the drip pan. Any chance of getting more details regarding this?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

What you see may be only the tip of the iceberg.  The amount of visible condensate on surfaces gives no indication of the volume of condensate accumulated on the evap coil-- only that a problem exists.  And you have to fix obvious problems first.  The air leak/door seal is an obvious problem and the one to correct before you can even address any other problems that may (or may not) exist in that box.  

#5 vineman

vineman

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

The logic and wisdom is beautiful. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics