Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
vineman

Leaking Frigidaire FRT18IL6DSE

5 posts in this topic

The drain pan under the fridge is overflowing with each defrost. It looks like it isn't naturally evaporating the contents as designed. I have cleared lint from the back vents and front toe kick but since this is a passive system I'm not sure what else can be done to encourage the natural evaporation process. Have any of you techs solved similar problems that I can consider?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you verified that the condenser fan us running?  

Are the doors sealing properly?

Are you seeing signs of rime ice formation or excessive condensation inside the compartments?

Condenser fan is running but yes there is some frozen condensation on the top left side of the freezer. I figured that the door seal has a small breach and needs replacement but never associated the two conditions could be associated with the same problem. Hard to imagine that the small amount of condensation could overwhelm the drip pan. Any chance of getting more details regarding this?

What you see may be only the tip of the iceberg.  The amount of visible condensate on surfaces gives no indication of the volume of condensate accumulated on the evap coil-- only that a problem exists.  And you have to fix obvious problems first.  The air leak/door seal is an obvious problem and the one to correct before you can even address any other problems that may (or may not) exist in that box.  

The logic and wisdom is beautiful. Thanks.