Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
n722pc

Ice Maker Knocking (GE French Door with bottom freezer aka Samsung)

3 posts in this topic

First, I really wish I'd found this site before purchasing this appliance, a mistake I won't repeat.

The issue at hand is an ice-maker that makes very loud knocking noises as it is harvesting ice.  I suspect the tray isn't warming up to aid in the harvest process but the diags don't show an issue.  

I took the device out this weekend to get to the auger mechanism so I could check on the solenoid that deactivates the ice crusher (disconnected electron hoses) and gave the tray a good examination.  It didn't look significantly dirty, there was some mineral deposits that I cleaned up with white vinegar and elbow grease.  Post cleaning, the knocks persisted.

Before I throw in the towel and replace the 'maker, has anyone seen (heard) this sort of thing in this particular GE/Samsung product?

Gamsahabnida in advance.

Mike

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Fridge model number ?

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Model PFSS6PKWBSS