Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpol cabrio WTW6600SB2

F32 error

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

Complaint is Machine stopped mid cycle flashing LD.   In diagnostic mode error code is F32.   Machine functions in all tests including drain test.   Only thing I find wrong is In agitation diagnostic I cannot discern between normal & heavy agitation, it does agitate in both tests.

Customer bought house with unit installed a year ago.  Back in April 2013 Machine broke down displaying F1 code.  Whirl replaced control board May 1, 2013, under whirlpool warranty. 

I ran unit through multiple diagnostic cycles both auto & manual & it drained fine.

I ran machine through a quick wash cycle & it ran. OK.   Went into drain, water pumped out all they way, pump started sucking air & kept pumping air not stopping.  I refilled machine & put it into Drain & spin cycle, same thing, pumped all water out started pumping air & never went into spin cycle but never displayed LD code.  I gave up waiting on it.  Turned machine over & checked small tub outlet hose & impeller for gookus.   None next ohm-ed drain & recirculating pump all within tolerance. Drain pump 14.1 ohm, recirculating 30 ohm.

This is where I am at this morning?   Missing something?   Patricio

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

from the tech sheets:

Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the machine/motor control pinched or plugged?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,837 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Have the customer load the machine with clothes and detergent.  Watch the type and amount of detergent being used.  After it's been agitating, raise the lid.  If you see a big head of suds, you most likely found the problem.  

If that's okay, then remove the inner basket and check for coins under the coin catcher lid.  Real common to find dimes and pennies under there that can cause intermittent drain problems.  

#4 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Piece of clothing stuck over sump ,basket needs to be pulled

#5 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

I had one the other day that did the same thing. I was out on it twice. Both times the drain pump worked good for me and everything checked okay. Every time the customer did a load it wouldn't drain.

The husband wanted to me to just put a new drain pump in. So I did and never heard back. Intermittent drain pump failure. It was really odd.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

from the tech sheets:

Is the pressure hose connection from the tub to the machine/motor control pinched or plugged?

Did not check it that close, did not look like it was pinched.

Have the customer load the machine with clothes and detergent.  Watch the type and amount of detergent being used.  After it's been agitating, raise the lid.  If you see a big head of suds, you most likely found the problem.  

If that's okay, then remove the inner basket and check for coins under the coin catcher lid.  Real common to find dimes and pennies under there that can cause intermittent drain problems.  

Did a repair on a GE refrigerator several weeks ago & instructed customer to use a HE detergent.  Also instructed customer to run Affresh thru it once in a while, which she was doing when washer went LD on her.

Was going to pull tub, it was getting late & wanted to post up for info, which as usual I am getting quality feedback. :thanks:   Going to call customer & see what is going on (She was planning to do Laundry today).  I will schedule a tub removal if problem persists.

Piece of clothing stuck over sump ,basket needs to be pulled

See above.

I had one the other day that did the same thing. I was out on it twice. Both times the drain pump worked good for me and everything checked okay. Every time the customer did a load it wouldn't drain.

The husband wanted to me to just put a new drain pump in. So I did and never heard back. Intermittent drain pump failure. It was really odd.

Time will tell,

I will keep updated,   Patricio

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Lady called next day saying washer still not finishing cycle, went back yesterday morning.   Pulled control panel off & checked/blew thru pressure hose,  Open & no kinks.  Pulled basket off of spindle, difficult getting off.   Not muck, but some gookus in agitator hub gear.  Found a nichel & quarter in  sump basin.  Actually tub was pretty clean.   Used steel wool to clean spindle & basket sleeve.    Installed basket & immediately noticed it lifted & engaged hub gear much easier.   Washer did a load of towels in normal cycle without any problem.  The little bit of snot coating gear must of hindered the meshing of the gears in the spin cycle thus gave the long drain code although all the water was pumped out.

I'm on a roll now, my learning curve is smoothing out.   I can do this, with a little help from ya all.    Mucho gracious Hombres.  :tongue:  :thanks:   Patricio

One last note:  Is there a way to clear the error code, does go away with time, or does sta with the machine until next errors surface?  Unplugging Does not reset & tech manual indicates that codes are retained.

IgonFishn

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,837 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Way to go, Patricio!   :dude:

#9 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Another update, Rose called a week later saying the LD code showed up again in the Heavy duty cycle.    I went back & installed new pump.   old pump seemed to be working OK, I changed it any way.     So far so good.  Drain pump sounds different & no LD code.      Go figure.

IgonFishn

#10 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Damn this machine.   After a week of working correctly it's back to the Ld code.   I'm beginning to think the factory replacement board is fobar.  What next,  bearing replacement.      I am lost for words. :wallbash:

IgonFishn

#11 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

possibly bad board...if the pressure sensor built in is faulty it can think its full of water when its not, if it drains properly and the pressure hose/air dome is not clogged then what else could it be

#12 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

possibly bad board...if the pressure sensor built in is faulty it can think its full of water when its not, if it drains properly and the pressure hose/air dome is not clogged then what else could it be

Exactly what I told customer.   Customer finds it hard to believe because they just put new board in 1st of May.   I suggested She calls Whirlpool again.   Whirlpool already told her with the LD code it is a drain pump problem.   Personally I think the board is bad myself,  How do you test?  That is the kicker, no information on how to test boards, only to look for obvious burnt stuff.

IgonFishn

#13 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Rose called whirlpool.   They are going to honor the new board they replaced in May.   She was told whirlpool backs their boards with 90 day warranty.   Whirlpool has scheduled a service call for July 15th to replace replacement main board.    Mean while Rose has to deal with a washer that will wash but not spin out unless she does the drain & spin cycle a few times.    Will keep updated after the 19th. :rolleyes:

IgonFishn

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,837 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

To protect that new board, make sure you install a surge suppressor with at least a 1,000 joule rating when you go back.  

#15 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

And the saga continues,   Whirlpool sent a tech from A&E out.   Rose said he was there for 10 minutes, Just enough time to fill the tub & begin to  agitate.  Her son said he reached in & wiggled the tub, said do you hear that & see this, stated your bearing is bad.  quoted $477 Plus the &129 he charged her for the trip.  Did not even let it go into the LD code shutdown. Also told her not to call whirlpool but call A&E directly for her service.  :down:

Rose declined the repair & called me.   I told her I did not think the bearings were shot.  But I warrant my work, I installed the bearing kit out of my pocket.   The old bearings showed no sign of excessive wear that would cause the problem.   Unit worked for one empty cycle, Then 2 days later when Rose did a normal load, the rinse cycle went south again stopping with the LD code & drain pump running continuassly pumping air out until she shut off machine.    The machine from hell.  :verymad:

I am open to all input,  It was not the bearings & they are installed correctly.   I am madder than hell at these people coming into town & gouging on the pretense of warranty.    If I have to prove a point I will install a new board, because that is my suspicion.    But until then I am all ears.   The hall sensor?  :wallbash:  New battle plan  :samurai: Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. :samurai:

IgonFishn

#16 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

After all the boards, bearings, AND the drain pump what else could it be??!!  Basket full of suds would cause the drain pump to cavitate.  The intermittent nature of this problem makes me think more environment than machine as the cause. 

#17 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Will obwerve a load of towels being washed tomorrow,  I will heed your advise & post up findings.  Gracious

IgonFishn

#18 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Unit gives LD  code now at 11 minutes instead of the usually 24 minutes.   I gave Rose an old Kenmore series 90 DD washer while I play with this thing in my garage.   I will not be beat by this heathen machine.   If that encompasses putting a new control board in that is what I am going to do.  :devil:

So any more suggestions,  time is on my side now.   :sweat:    Patrick  :samurai: hell with these sabers I got a gattling gun.

IgonFishn

#19 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Isn't this the model where it fills until the basket starts to float?

#20 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yes the basket has to float & it does,  I cleaned the hub, bearing shaft & coin catcher out 1st trip,   worked OK for a couple of loads.   Then LD/F32 code.    2nd trip new drain pump, again worked fine for a few loads & back to the LD/F32 code.   Then  Another professional opinion all of 10 minutes diagnose.   Bad bearings.    3rd trip new bearing & shaft.  worked 1 light load & back to LD/F32 code.  I put original pump back in when I replaced bearing as I was not charging for bearing repair.

I have Cabrio on back porch now, put the new pump back on & run a light wash load thru.   Finished cycle without a hiccup.  Next couple of days I am going to run a heavy load thru it to observe what happens.   I do not know, maybe a combination of weak pump & wearing bearings causes the machine to think it is not up to snuff.    I am still prepared to install a new control board if need be to conquer.    Is it worth it, the time & cost?

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics