Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpol cabrio WTW6600SB2

F32 error

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

I have seen bad connections on the drain pump connector before causing similar problems.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

And now for something completely different..................How far down in the stand pipe is the drain hose????.................Is the drain hose held in place by something like  electrical tape????........How many control boards have you replaced???????

#23 fixit guy

fixit guy

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

I have seen this many times and there are several problems that can cause this,

debris in drain hose.

Pump.

connections at pump or board. Wiggles wires at pump they might come right off.

Debris under coin trap,  did you remove it?

Hope this helps!

Fixit Guy

#24 lesguns

lesguns

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I would try hall sensor then board.

#25 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

And now for something completely different..................How far down in the stand pipe is the drain hose????.................Is the drain hose held in place by something like  electrical tape????........How many control boards have you replaced???????

Different is the spice of life

Checked drain hose placement even held it out of the drain pipe while it drains.   Something I always check on every washer repair.  Held in place by standard hose keeper that is prevalent on 90% of machines I see.

Replaced a few, more than I would like on these machines for the F1 code.   I did not replace the board on this machine, authorized whirlpool factory tech replaced this board last May.    Can you clue me in on how to test other than power in & power out?   Have not had a continuing problem like this  one.   Replaced many pumps, bearings, and other mechanical devices on all kinds of machines from mowers, tractors, vehicles etc.  I am an old farm boy that has repaired more things than I can remember without proper tools.

What are you leading to on control boards, something I may not Know...clue me in...bottom line...I am going to figure it out.   Rather sooner than later.

I have seen this many times and there are several problems that can cause this,

debris in drain hose.

Pump.

connections at pump or board. Wiggles wires at pump they might come right off.

Debris under coin trap,  did you remove it?

Hope this helps!

Fixit Guy

Sure it helps.   Checked drain line as it was pumping water out, flow seemed full.   Did blow line from drain pipe side to pump side when replacing pump, try to cover all my bases.   Wiggled wires, I do that on every thing, old habit from my young days.   Before I installed pump I pulled basket, cleaned gookus from hub, & yes I scrubbed cointrap & everything else.   I try to be thorough on everything helps prevent call backs.

Edited by Patricio, 28 July 2013 - 11:08 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#26 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

I would try hall sensor then board.

I was thinking hall sensor & water level tube.   I have that in backstock.      Thanks for the replies every one.   Can any one post up any other perks that they have come across.   I have read a lot of negativity from a lot of techs on this machines.    I look at as just another machine that breakes down & needs repairs,

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#27 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

I've been down this road, only got relief with a new board. I have had new controls NFG out of the box. I've also had a plugged recirc pump take out the drain function, no idea why.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#28 fixit guy

fixit guy

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Try this, put the machine in diagnostics, turn on drain pump.  Wiggle wires at P-4 on control while pump is running.  Then wiggle wires at pump while it is running.  This is how I found problem on intermit drain several times.  Good luck!

#29 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Good to hear I'm not the only one with a temperamental cabrio.     All good tips from actual experiences.  Keep them coming  I like it.

IgonFishn

#30 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

Todays education:  Put a big load in it after I moved into the garage & back out on the porch (dog likes to jump up on things in his turf)   Went into drain mode for the rinse cycle & just drained & drained,  I wiggled wires all over the place, no hiccups, just LD code.   Would not go into any other mode but drain, pump works great.

Realized that maybe moving machine with a truck dolly might of wacked out water level sensor.  Put machine into manual diagnose then calibration & started a quick wash.  Went thru cycle until the load became out of balance. I let it fill & readjust itself, did this several times.  Finally I had to pause it & manually adjust the load to balance, took a few times.  It finally began to run again & did not go to the LD default.  Spun out the last 11 minutes like it is suppose to do reaching its maximum high speed the last few minutes of cycle.

Interest tidbit. Every time I paused the cycle during the unbalance lid would unlatch but lid lock light would stay lit.   Any takes on this.   I will study the machine again tomorrow when I have the spare time.

IgonFishn

#31 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

next time it get stuck where it just drains and drains, unhook the pressure hose from the controller, this would rule out clogs, kinks, suds and the such.

#32 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Patricio, how goes this battle?

#33 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

next time it get stuck where it just drains and drains, unhook the pressure hose from the controller, this would rule out clogs, kinks, suds and the such.

Already have done this, just pump & pumped.   No time for it today, plan tomorrow evening.   Will keep updated.   Patricio

IgonFishn

#34 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

i would highly suspect a bad board

#35 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

i would highly suspect a bad board

Main control board:  http://www.repaircli...mber=WTW6600SB2

Main-Control-Board-W10189966-00704579.jp

#36 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

That is where the rub is.    I suggested the board is bad, customer calls Whirlpool, they say they back their boards with a 90 day warrantee.  They installed it free of charge because of a F1 problem less than 90 days before I suggested it is bad.    They send A&E out who claims the long drain is because of a bad bearing, I install new set & here we are again, suggesting bad board.     Catch 22.   Will give it more time tomorrow evening.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics