Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Smcduffie

Sub Zero 532 Thermostat and Fan

5 posts in this topic

My refridgerator (1992) is not keeping temperature cool, and I believe the thermostat is not operating properly.  The compressor/fan does not turn on consistently when warm, sometimes not until the temperature is above 40-degrees F.  When it is on, the unit cools appropriately and quickly.

With the age of my unit, should I replace the evaporator fan for the refrigerator at the same time?  The fan is currently working, but if it is easily replaced at the same time with very little additional work, I might proceed.

Also, should I preemptively replace the freezer thermostat and fan?  I am replacing the defrost timer.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sounds like a bad Fridge Thermostat ...

why do you want to replace the Fan and other items if they are working ?

It's not that I "want to," but if the fan is a part that is likely to need replacing in the near future (after 21 years of use), and if I will already be partially exposing the fan, should I take this opportunity to replace it?

Don't worry about the fan if it's working, both condenser and evaporator fans that have been running for 30 plus years all the time

Order a 4201260 cold control or if it currently has a single bulb control, order a 4200930 .

Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2

2 people like this

Thanks!