Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ApplianceDoctor

ApplianceDoctor

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Customer says they lost power for a few hours. When power came back on digital display on front will not dispence water or ice. Also you can't set the temperatures. The digital display on front of freezer door shows all # eights in the display. Can anyone help me. They tried unplugging and reseting did not work. Model # RFG297AARS

Thank You

Appliance Doctor

Edited by ApplianceDoctor, 11 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BryanS

BryanS

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I would try holding the top left and top right buttons to see if it will reset it. That is self diag mode and should work.

#3 MetalApplianceman

MetalApplianceman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budweiser

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

it might be an error code, when you pull the refrigerator out there is a sticker on the back that tells you what the digits are.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Here's the Rapid resolution repair guide: http://appliantology...solution-guide/

If you're seeing all 8's, this is what should be displayed when going into self-diagnostic mode (top left and right buttons and Brother Bryan explained).  The fact that it's stuck in that mode would indicate a defective MICOM:  http://www.repaircli...mber=RFG297AARS

Main-Control-Board-DA41-00538A-01316658.

OTOH, if one of the segments in the LED for 8 is NOT illuminated, then you may be seeing an error code as Metal pointed out.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics