Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
scooterb13

Samsung RB215LASH defrost issue

11 posts in this topic

I am working on a Samsung RB215LASH refrig. that had frosting issues in freezer section. Traced out problem to an open thermal fuse, replaced fuse and then the defrost heater would stay on even when compressor is running. Replaced main board but still have 120v. to heater when compressor is running. Checked for grounded heater, but it's ok. Does anybody have any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Where are you measuring that voltage?  CN70, 13-7 on the main PCB?

I checked the voltage at the heater harness plug in the freezer w/ the heater unplugged (brown to red wire at thermal fuse). I didn't check directly at the board terminals.

... w/ the heater unplugged

all voltage measurements should be made with the devices connected

unless otherwise directed

120v. with the heater connected or not connected, the heater on when it is connected, even when the compressor is running.

That's what I thought, so I replaced the main board & no difference. Very strange one. I just got a call from the customer and they decided to get a new (non Samsung) refrig. so I told them I would take Samsung and bring it to the shop and get to the bottom of this.

... so I replaced the main board & no difference.

new ?

Brand new exact Samsung part.

If the Compressor and Defrost are on at the same time,

it would seem to be a bad Controller Board

That's what it seems it would be, maybe I got a defective new board. I will be checking it again tomorrow at the pins on the board and post what I find. Thanks