Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WTW6600SW Won't stay balanced

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hphillips

hphillips

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock Light

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Good Morning Fellow Appliantologists!

First off, I am fairly new at this appliance repair business, so hopefully this is something simple.

I have a customer with a WTW6600SW that will not stay balanced.  The first call I went out on, the machine was not level.  I leveled it, then had them show me how they load it.  They loaded it fine.  It seemed to work fine when I left.  A week later they said it is doing the same thing.

I went back out and got the following codes: F70 (overloaded), and F51 (Motor RPS sensor).  I tested the RPS sensor through the diagnostic mode, and the lights are doing the right thing. I checked that it was level. So then I loaded the machine only 1/2 way, and evenly.  It still goes way out of balance.  I checked the tension on the suspension for the tub, they all seemed even and they move.  Then I moved the washer to another part of the floor tested it and am having the same problem.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,838 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Welcome to Appliantology!  

Tip the washer back and check the rotor bolt to make sure it's goodntight.  

F71 is also a suds (Sd) error:

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini-clean out cycle. If the clean out cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display. This may signify:
• Excessive detergent usage.
• Basket cannot engage during drain step.
• Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.

There's a service bulletin out on the F51 error:  

condition:

The electronic control displays an F51 code.

cause:

There is an intermittent connection at the Rotor Position Sensor, (RPS), causing the electronic control to indicate an F51 code.

correction:

Remove and reinstall the connector at the RPS at least three times to clean off any corrosion built up on the connector and RPS due to the intermittent connection. Confirm that the connector is fully seated onto the RPS control upon final connection and verify there are no damaged wires.

Replace the electronic control with part #W10130544. This new control is designed to check the RPS sensor differently and is less sensitive to intermittent RPS connections. 

#3 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

I think the key is the off balance spinning when the tub is empty.  This usually happens because the drive shaft has become rusted or corroded and is not allowing the inner basket to drop down squarely when the unit drains.  Try lifting up on the inner basket and dropping it back down hard to seat it properly.  If this makes it spin smooth again, then for sure the shaft is shot.  You can sand those smooth again, but it usually comes back.  

Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#4 hphillips

hphillips

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sounds like there is no real need to replace the RPS sensor. 

The washer goes way off balance wether loaded or empty.  I will have to try that lifting up on the tub and re-seating it.  Thanks

#5 Kevin Vasconcellos

Kevin Vasconcellos

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Lite

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

I had one that was bouncing all over the place & I replaced the suspension rods (They came as a kit) & it completely solved the problem. I was amazed, because the old rods appeared to be fine...crazy!

#6 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Check the bottom of the basket for wear also. Just had one recently that needed a new basket, new hub, and new shaft. Critical.

#7 hphillips

hphillips

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

I tried re-seating the tub, didn't help.  Customer wanted a new washing machine after giving her prices on parts and labor.  Luckily she bought her new set from us!

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics