Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

MVWB950YG Water Leak near Dispenser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hphillips

hphillips

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock Light

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

Good Morning-

I have a Maytag Bravos, pretty new, that is leaking water from what seems to be around the tub ring near the soap dispenser.  It doesn't leak from the water tube, but seems to be coming from the tub ring near the dispenser.  It only leaks when filling through the dispenser. 

I adjusted the tub ring, and it was fine for about 2.5 weeks.  Now the customer called and said it is leaking again.

Should I try replacing the tub ring, or is this a different issue that someone else has had experience with?

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

If the leak is from the left front corner, check and see if the soap dispenser section of the tub ring has "louvers" in it.  If it is smooth than that could be your problem.  

Whirlpool had issues with these a few years a go and the Tech Line was sending out the modified tub rings to authorized servicers.

Edited by Thirstytech, 12 June 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

Also look for a leak in the plastic line that feeds the dispenser. I usually pop the top up, let it rest on the clips, and watch with a flashlight while it runs through the diagnostic cycle.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 hphillips

hphillips

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Rolling Rock Light

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Tech line told me smooth vs the ring with the louvers was an issue with the older machines.  I looked all over both dispensers, and couldn't find any leaks, tech line said to just order bleach, and soap dispensers, so we will see if that does it.

Thanks for you help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics