Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LFX25960st er ff error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blairville

blairville

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hello all,

I have a LG LFX25960st French door refrigerator. This was in a house I recently moved into, so don't know the history of it. I get an er ff error after about 6 or 7 hours after the fridge is on. Both fans in freezer are coming on and working, but after a while it all shuts down. Because the fans are coming on and staying on for while, I don't believe it is a fan issue. They turn freely when off. So, could that be the circuit board is bad? Any tips, suggestions are very welcome!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

... Both fans in freezer are coming on and working,

stays running at the rated speed ?

Er FF
It is caused when F/B signal isn’t over 115 seconds during BLDC FAN motor operating
Poor BLDC Motor connection, DRIVE IC, and TR

The feedback signal isn't being seen by the Controller.
Either a bad Fan Motor, OR Controller

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 blairville

blairville

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Fan motor is working when first turning on and works for several hours afterwards. Then it shuts off, then the error. The motor is turning freely. So I think it is a bad control board. Is that the same as the controller? Thanks for the help by the way.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

The muthaboard may be killing power to the evap fan because it's getting a bad feedback signal from the fan.  This can be caused by things external to the fan motor (ice blockage, etc.) or internal (bad winding, bad bearings, etc.).  Without being able to read and interpret the feedback line from the fan motor, you're left trying to deduce whether it's the muthaboard or fan motor.  In these cases, absent any more detailed info from the manufacturers (schematics, specs, service bulletins, etc.) I'll do like I do on GE refrigerators: replace BOTH the affected fan and the muthaboard.  I will not just replace the muthaboard because a bad fan motor (especially internally shorting from water seepage) can take out the muthaboard.  However, If the fan motor is clearly bad, you can replace just the fan motor without the muthaboard because the muthaboard cannot damage the new fan motor.  

Evap Fan:  http://www.repaircli...mber=LFX25960ST

Muthaboard:  http://www.repaircli...mber=LFX25960ST

#5 blairville

blairville

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

I got the service manual from this site, Thanks so much, and did the test mode. Link to download service manual, if anybody felt froggy. http://appliantology...service-manual/

There are four steps, first starts it, second closes the damper, third shuts off compressor, closes damper and force starts the defrost. Steps one and two went off without a hitch. Third, the compressor and damper closed like it was supposed to, don't know if the heater was working, still trying to see where to check that at, but the display was supposed to show 33 33, but it did not. It showed the regular display. pushed button again, it made the display go like it was supposed to in step no. 1. and compressor stayed off like it was supposed to, there is a seven minute delay.

Does that further confirm that the board is bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics