Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Leaky dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

kitchen aid model KUDg25SHBL1

So this was leaking from the front corners and I replace the door seal and the door seal kit for the bottom of the door and it is still leaking.  I really dont think I did anything wrong.  I was wondering if anyone has run into this or if anyone has any advice for me on what I can do to correct the leak.

part numbers 4172127 and 9743590

Thanks

Michael

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Greenbush Starchicken Shotgun

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hey Mike - I see this is not a new model.  Was it removed and recently re-installed (kitchen remodel, purchased used,  etc?)  Wondering if the DW is mounted level, square, and plumb in the cabinets.  Pictures would help.

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

There are a couple of Service Pointers on this model, but I have rarely seen them apply to a model that has been in use for years, I would check the stuff mentioned above first:

If a pressure surge occurs during initial start up, the air inlet assembly has been redesigned part# 675828.

If water supply temps exceed 150F, install wax motor resister kit part# 675833, but only after above part has been replaced.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Also check the main spray arm for rotation during wash.  If the spray arm gets stuck or has collected debris inside the ports it can constantly spray water at the door corners causing leakage.  This is a great dishwasher.  Pump/motor originally had a five year part warranty.  Uses plenty of water and electricity.  Energy Star runs away screaming.

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Water could be leaking in from around the seals on the vent or the dispenser..........Remove the outer door panel and run a 'normal wash'....Get a beer and sit and watch for water leaking, if it does not leak in the first beer , grab another and keep watching ........... :gulp: ..........You didn't have anything to do this Saturday anyway.....

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Excuse my brain-fart, but check the torx screws around the pump housing. These tend to work loose and blow water past the seal and out the door:

http://www.repaircli...8194582/1200857

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics