Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
AlexM

Maytag Gas Range - Model# JGS9900BDS; Control Board (or) Touch Pad Assembly?

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure which part to order, or how to test for what part is faulty.

The burners work fine, the touch panel lights up, but I can't get the oven to turn on, when I press the oven/bake buttons nothing shows on the screen and there is no functioning. 

I figure its either the main control board P/N 74011872 or the panel with the touch pad P/N 74011866 ? is this right?

I wouldn't mind running some test on this range vs just ordering expensive parts. If anyone has some test recomendations, I would much appriciate.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unresponsive trouchpanel is usually caused by a bad keypad in the touchpanel.  Tech sheet behind the bottom panel has the ribbon connector pinout for the touchpanel.  Actuate/ohm-test each key pad on the touchpanel.  You'll probably find one of them stuck closed.  This makes the ERC lockout the touchpanel.  

Touchpanel:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/W10206071/1472791

Thanks for the info, and tech information.

Is ohm testing touch pads and looking for a closed button a universally accepted way to test touch pads?  If so, my life could have just been made easier?

Thanks,

... Is ohm testing touch pads and looking for a closed button a universally accepted way to test touch pads?

yes

I think Maytag ( Whirlpool ) owns the smelter where those aluminum panels are manufactured.................Do some key pads function and others not ????