Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Patricio

Kenmore washer 110.29822801

19 posts in this topic

This is a 800 series washer that complaint is it is completely dead.   One of those that have the auto temp/fill sensing switch.  Is there a way to test switch to see if it is bad & or the timer is different that it shows a ?control board? attached to timer.   Also a proper way to test timer.

This Unit is on a tugboat that will be docked in Saturday, they would like the washer repaired then as they will be back out to sea for 2 weeks.   I am going to order the switch locally tomorrow, more than likely will have it on Friday.   Recon I ought to order a timer also to have as a backup.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I can't find the tech sheets   W10196538   for that model

unless you have one you could scan & upload

I will see if it is the machine Saturday.  If it is I will send it to you that evening.   Mean while I will order both timer & switch & test by parts changing.   Thank you.

Most likely a bad auto sense switch.  Sometimes a bad switch may not even allow unit to fill.

Moved to the Laundry Forum.

Faulty load sense switch would not affect spin mode if you advance timer directly to spin. If "completely dead" means this has already been tried, most likely problem is lid switch as lid switch in this model breaks hot side (L1) so nothing including fill would work.

Eric

Moved to Laundry?   Thought I was in laundry.  On second thought the cabrio I did yesterday along with the matching dryer was in the Kitchen, seriously. :rolleyes:

I thought the hidden lid switch might be a problem, I just want to cover all my bases.   These are deck hands you know & they are positive that it is the control panel, seriously. :blinky:

Power at outlet?? :thumbsup:

Faulty load sense switch would not affect spin mode if you advance timer directly to spin. If "completely dead" means this has already been tried, most likely problem is lid switch as lid switch in this model breaks hot side (L1) so nothing including fill would work.

Eric

Also check and tighten lid hinge screws and make sure lid isn't bowed in if finding lid actuator not contacting lid switch.

Power at outlet?? :thumbsup:

Good call, reminds me of Sling Blade. "Karl, see if you can figure out what's wrong with this thing, it won't crank up", Karl takes gas cap off, "it ain't got no gas in it", "see, thinks of the simplest things first" :thumbsup:

Eric

... "Karl, see if you can figure out what's wrong with this thing, it won't crank up",

Also check and tighten lid hinge screws and make sure lid isn't bowed in if finding lid actuator not contacting lid switch.

Lid switch clicks,  Yet it was still faulty.   Replaced, waiting on check, big company with several boats.  Think I'll wait a little bit, job security.

I can't find the tech sheets   W10196538   for that model

unless you have one you could scan & upload

Don't seem to find an attachment icon to attach Tech sheet # W10248232

... Don't seem to find an attachment icon to attach Tech sheet

Post . . or . . More Reply Options  <

I have the pdf for W10248232 but it is 1.5Mb and won't let me attach.

Eric

More Reply Options  <

Yes!  Lots, lots more reply options including attachments.   :thumbsup:

I have the pdf for W10248232 but it is 1.5Mb and won't let me attach.

Eric

1.5MB is too big for attachments (bogs down the database).  Instead, upload it to the Pot Luck Supper.  

Thanks, Eric!   

I think he fixed it...................Lid switch, fix-it it did ..........He is waiting for Wum-Pum................Someone hijacked the post....... :tongue: ......